Complaint Review: AMERICAN HOME SHIELD

• Submitted: Wed, May 26, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, April 26, 2012

• Reported By:MESA Arizona
AMERICAN HOME SHIELD
1834 S HENKEL CIRCLE MESA ARIZONA 85202 MESA, Arizona U.S.A.

AMERICAN HOME SHIELD rip-off! MESA Arizona

*Consumer Comment: American Home Shield OK

After paying American Home Shield a home warranty in full for one year they now tell me (after I have to use the service, of course) that my plumbing problem is pre-existing. Like I would have known that! When you buy a house that develops a leaking toilet problem two years later a person would not think this is pre-existing but wear and tear. And... they wonder why they don't get more people signing up for their warranty service.

This will be the last time i will get caught up in their scam. I will hire my own licensed contractor to fix/repair probs that come up with everyday living. Obviously warranty companies make their own judgements on that one!! What a rip-off!!! And... they do not refund $.

Gayla
MESA, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2004 12:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AMERICAN-HOME-SHIELD/MESA-Arizona-85202/AMERICAN-HOME-SHIELD-rip-off-MESA-Arizona-93056. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AMERICAN HOME SHIELD

American Home Shield OK

AUTHOR: landman - (United States of America)

I am familiar with American Home Shield through my children and they have had very positive experiences, replacing their refrigerator, microwave, and repairing their water heater and some pool equipment.  They are extremely pleased with them and I plan on changing my own plan to them as my current plan doesn't even cover my refrigerator, washer and dryer without extra cost, making them much more expensive than American.