Complaint Review: AMERICAN INCOME LIFE

• Submitted: Wed, March 09, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, March 09, 2005

• Reported By:Birmingham Alabama
AMERICAN INCOME LIFE
2010 OLD MONTGOMERY HWY BIRMINGHAM, Alabama U.S.A.

AMERICAN INCOME LIFE TOTAL SCAM, COST US ALMOST 10 GRAND!! BIRMINGHAM Alabama

Rip-off Report Investigation: American Income Life / National Income Life join Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program and submit to independent investigation. American Income Life / National Income Life pledges to resolve all legitimate complaints and address any issues from the past, present and in the future. Waco Texas, Nationwide

I should have known when I went to interview at a WAREHOUSE that this was going to blow up in my face...but that didn't stop me, I was unemployed and needed something right away.

Long story short, this "company" cost my family almost 10 thousand dollars in a 6 month period. Between the 80 hour work weeks that robbed us of our time together, the ragged out car that we eventually had to get rid of and the $10,000 dollar credit card bill--which if we didn't use, wouldn't have HAD Christmas--I can't decide how they SCREWED us the worst.

Did I mention it cost me ten thousand dollars?
My husband and I thought we were going to lose the house. Every week we could hear the SGA, Allan Jennings, using that same old stale speech about committment and "don't work hard, work smart." If ANY of us had worked smart we would have worked our way toward the door. The hiring process...oh Lord...was such a shame to watch new people come in because I KNEW how much I was struggling. I worked there in 2002, and I am JUST now getting my credit card sorted out.

The worst of it (aside from that 10k) was that the people they would send you to go see lived in rural areas, union folks who knew the value of a dollar and didn't want to be sold something useless...which if you research AIL, you'll see how many times they've failed to pay out on claims. The people they sent you to see 1--didn't want you there, and 2--didn't want to BUY anything, after all, they were under the impression that they were getting "free union benefits." I've actually heard, on more than a handful of occassions, some of our agents getting guns pulled on them because AIL sent the agents to BAD parts of North Birmingham and the like, to deceive people with the old bait n switch tactic. And don't you dare show back up at the office before 9 or 10 pm, because that means you weren't TRYING hard enough.
NO benefits, NO paid training, NO car allowance...and as for the guy in NY or wherever it was that got charged 250 bucks for training, you can BET it went into the SGA's pocket. The branch I worked for didn't have the same "training fee."

These people are convinced that what they're doing is right. It's like an elaborate brain-washing scheme.
As luck would have it, they opened another branch in Montgomery, and I am happy to say they are both now closed. This is just a warning to AIL jobseekers anywhere...it's ALL a scam.

Marla
Birmingham, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2005 02:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AMERICAN-INCOME-LIFE/BIRMINGHAM-Alabama/AMERICAN-INCOME-LIFE-TOTAL-SCAM-COST-US-ALMOST-10-GRAND-BIRMINGHAM-AlabamaRip-off-Repor-134280. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AMERICAN INCOME LIFE