Complaint Review: AMERICAN INCOME LIFE

• Submitted: Wed, September 08, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, September 08, 2004

• Reported By:Colonial Heights Virginia
AMERICAN INCOME LIFE
WWW.AMERICANINCOMELIFE.COM RICHMOND, Virginia U.S.A.

AMERICAN INCOME LIFE is a rip-off! HARRASSING UNETHICAL RECRUITING PRACTICES. RICHMOND Virginia

Rip-off Report Investigation: American Income Life / National Income Life join Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program and submit to independent investigation. American Income Life / National Income Life pledges to resolve all legitimate complaints and address any issues from the past, present and in the future. Waco Texas, Nationwide

This company is the pits. You know a company is LAME when they call you begging for an interview, then they want to give you no information about the job, as if you are just that desperate to accept anything that comes up. I don't know WHO they get to actually show up for interviews when they release no salary information, and no information about the job itself. They call up and tell you that they are calling because their 'regional manager" found your resume on MONSTER.COM. They then waste a half hour of your time asking typical recruiting questions.

When you ask them about hte job - they say "we cannot release any information until you interview with us," as if people (especially employed) wish to take a day of their time to enter the twilight zone. A qualified professional simply does not do this, which is why I am insulted they even thought they could pull a wool over on me. I think they prey after those in rural areas and also those without college degrees, as they lure you by claiming a "substantial income."

After I looked at their website, it was evident it was a sales position. My resume clearly does not indicate that I am interested in sales, though they told me how impressive it was, and that I was the perfect candidate. After cancelling the interview I initially set up via e-mail (which was courteous on my part) I was harrassed several times by one of their office reps (KEESHA DESKINS). I received several e-mails telling me that "i wasn't qualified anyway, etc." I finally told her if I heard one more word form her, I would ensure she lost her job.

Low and behold, a couple of weeks later, I check my voice mail messages and get another one of their associate's calling me with the same line "My regional manager pulled your resume off of MONSTER.COM etc. etc." If teh regional manager was pulling resumes, it would be evident after my first experience that I am NOT interested. They obviously do not conduct proper record-keeping, or consult with their counterparts about goings-on in that office.

I have read a lot about this SCAM and i strongly discourage anyone from wasting their time with this company. They appear to be a one-man shop, with a few lackees who claim to be HR MANAGERS, who do nothing but print resumes all day and pester people to come in for a group interview.

Alexandra
Colonial Heights, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2004 10:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AMERICAN-INCOME-LIFE/RICHMOND-Virginia/AMERICAN-INCOME-LIFE-is-a-rip-off-HARRASSING-UNETHICAL-RECRUITING-PRACTICES-RICHMOND-Vir-1034479. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AMERICAN INCOME LIFE