Complaint Review: AMERICAN PUBLIC UNIVERSITY

• Updated: Mon, August 05, 2013

• Reported By: Kimberly — Aberdeen Maryland
AMERICAN PUBLIC UNIVERSITY
Charles Town, West Virginia USA

AMERICAN PUBLIC UNIVERSITY TRIED TO SCAM ME DURING THE R2T4 HOLD CHARLES TOWN WEST VIRGINIA

When I withdrew from APU, I understood there was going to be an R2T4 hold on my financial aid. I was told that it was going to take thirty days for the process to complete. Well as of July 17th, thirty days was up.

I did wait an additional two days to give the school time to make sure everything was completed. When I checked my student account the hold was still there. I contacted student support services to find out why there was still a hold on my financial aid.

I was then told that it had to be determined how much money went back to my lender, and that would take an additional fourteen days. I went along with it. Now mind you, thirty days had already passed along with an additional two days. As of July 31st, it has now been forty-four days plus two.

I call the school again, because my account still has the R2T4 hold. They are now telling me that the process was completed and that the hold would be removed. That was on a Wednesday. Why come Friday morning, August the 2nd there is still a hold on my account. Instead of calling the school, I called my lender Sallie Mae. I asked them were they waiting on any money from APU because that what I was being told for the reason for the hold on my account. Sallie Mae then checked their records and said no they were not. I went on to explain to them that I had a term balance of 1,123 in my student account. They in turn informed me that it sounded like they were trying to keep the money or at least a portion of the money. I don't owe any money to APU. So, I wonder what is going to happen to the money that is left in the term balance. When I called the school and informed them that I had Spoken with a representative at Sallie Mae and the what conversation was about, that hold came off rather quickly. Now for those who say they are not a scam, you want to try that again or are you actually APU faculty posing as students and filing these rebuttals?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2013 04:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AMERICAN-PUBLIC-UNIVERSITY/Charles-Town-West-Virginia/AMERICAN-PUBLIC-UNIVERSITY-TRIED-TO-SCAM-ME-DURING-THE-R2T4-HOLD-CHARLES-TOWN-WEST-VIRGIN-1073298. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AMERICAN PUBLIC UNIVERSITY