Complaint Review: AMERICAN SERVICING COMPANY

• Submitted: Thu, January 31, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, January 31, 2008

• Reported By:EWING New Jersey
AMERICAN SERVICING COMPANY
P.O.BOX 10388 DES MIONES, Iowa U.S.A.

AMERICAN SERVICING COMPANY RUDE CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES. JUST BOUGHT MY MORTGAGE REQUIRING US TO PAY ALMOST $2000.00 IN ESCROW ADJUSTMENT HOUSE HAS BEEN OWNED SINCE 2000 MORTAGE SOLD TO DIFFERENT COMPANIES NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM DES MIONES Iowa

*Consumer Comment: When you bought that house, did you retain your own RE attorney?

I have owened my house since December 2000. my loan has been sold to several companies,in 2007 it was sold to American Servicing company. Immediately they bought my loan thay requested me to pay an amount of close to 2000.00 which they referred to as an escrow adjustment.
I have never had this problem with any of the previous companies that bought my loan. since april of 2000 they have been placing my mortgage payment in a suspense account to pay off the above amount and reporting us to the credit bureaus as late sometimes up to 60days.

I pay my mortgage online and I pay on time every month. I have written several letters asking for an explanation of the above amount and why I am being reported as being late even though I make my payment on time every month but the replies have not been satisfactory.

Futhermore I been receiving foreclosure notices every month for the last 11 months. I could magine that the intent is for my credit to be distroyed and me not to be able to pay my mortgage resulting in my house being taken over.

I have called ASC several times but on every occassion the customer service rep that I have spoken to have been either very rude unhelpful or both.
I CLEARLY NEED HELP CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

Manny
EWING, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2008 08:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AMERICAN-SERVICING-COMPANY/DES-MIONES-Iowa-50306-0388/AMERICAN-SERVICING-COMPANY-RUDE-CUSTOMER-SERVICE-REPRESENTATIVES-JUST-BOUGHT-MY-MORTGAGE-305084. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AMERICAN SERVICING COMPANY

When you bought that house, did you retain your own RE attorney?

AUTHOR: Thomas - (U.S.A.)

And if you did retain your own RE attorney, was he efficient and careful?

Otherwise, a well-regarded RE attorney should be able to straighten your problem out. Maybe it will cost you a few hundred $ but that may be money well spent.

I use the same RE attorney for all of my real estate ventures. He is reasonable, and he will handle minor issues for free.

Most of these companies will respond to someone they know cannot be pushed around.