Complaint Review: AMERICAN TRANSMISSION

• Updated: Sat, April 20, 2013

• Reported By: Nita — ARLINGTON Texas
AMERICAN TRANSMISSION
6107 S. COOPER ST. ARLINGTON, Texas United States of America

AMERICAN TRANSMISSION AMERICAN TRANSMISSION AND CAR REPAIR SO-CALLED "CHRISTIAN" COMPANY/OWNER JOE - VULGAR, PROFANE, UNETHICAL AND HIS CRIMINAL ACCOMPLICES (EMPLOYEES) LEGALLY "RIPPING-OFF" CONSUMERS! ARLINGTON, Texas

Took my handicap van to AMERICAN TRANSMISSION to fix my transmission.  They quoted me $2500.00 to do the work and agreed to give me a $500.00 discount when they heard of the unfortunate experience I had just gone through with another mechanic ripping me off for $1,000.00 to do the same work and not actually doing it.  If anybody out there actually believes they gave me a $500.00 discount -- please let me know!  When frigging pigs fly!!!

I get it back and a couple of days later, my son drives it to run an errand and it dies on him and he can't get it to start back up so he has to walk home.  Since I had just gotten it back from AT, I call them to see if they can tow it because THEY DO HAVE THEIR OWN TOW TRUCK and they had initially towed my vehicle to their shop to do the transmission repairs, but they said they couldn't have it towed to their shop.  So, I had to pay $100 to get my van towed to them so they could see what was wrong.  They call me and tell me "its the fuel pump-needs a new fuel pump.  Does anyone else think this is too much of a coincidence that my fuel pump goes out 2 days after I get it back from them?  Well, I thought it was, but anyway, I ask them to give me a quote on replacing the fuel pump.  They call me back and say it'll be $629.00 to replace fuel pump plus the labor.  Since I do 90% of all my purchasing online, I get online and look for a fuel pump for my vehicle model/make and find that I can purchase a brand new one for anywhere from $59.00 to $129.00.

So now, I can't figure out why such a cheap part would be so expensive to replace ($695.00).  So I call the guy back and ask him and tell him I found brand new one for $59.00-$129.00, so why is his quote of $695.00 so high?  He goes on to tell me that he doesn't think I can purchase a fuel pump for this price and that anyway, they purchase their parts in-town and that's why they are more expensive, PLUS, they automatically do a 30% mark-up on all parts they purchase and then, of course, the labor involved. By this time, I'd had it with these people so I said "thanks, but no thanks".  A couple of days later, he calls me and says something like "well, we need the work and you need your vehicle fixed, so what if we do the repairs for $289.00 and you (me) provide the part"?  I was desperate, so I said "OK".  I ordered fuel pump from EBay and had it Fedex'd to them.  They call me saying its ready and my son picks it up and pays them.  When he gets home with the vehicle, my son tells me it doesn't sound that great.  In the meantime, I had suffered a back injury and was laid up and feeling pretty bad, so I didn't really pay attention to the matter.  I was in so much pain, I could've cared less what anybody told me about anything!

When I finally got to feeling better and got out and drove my vehicle, OMG!!  Unbeleivable!  All the electrical (gauges, signal lights, lighting, door locks, etc.) was out!  Nothing worked!  Everything was working when they took possession of it!  Plus, I could feel the transmission gears were still 'missing'.  I called them up and some guy told me to take it back in and they would check it out.  Took it back to them and when I called them to see what the problem was and what they were going to do about it, the owner told me that they couldn't fix anything because they "didn't appreciate the way they'd been treated by me".  Holy crap ..... at hearing this, I literally couldn't even speak!  Finally, I said to him "the way I've treated you"?  It was at this point that Mr. Christianity himself, Joe, began screaming at the top of his lungs calling me a "f' g b***h" and telling me to go get my f'g vehicle out of his lot and all kinds of other profanities!  I was stunned!!  I simply hung up on him.  I couldn't believe that had just happened to me.

I read all your reports filed against this company and everything everyone says in those reports is true because most, if not all, the things they say, are exactly the same as what happened to me with American Transmission.  Every bit is all so familiar its not even funny.  Its actually pretty unbelievable that a business in our community can actually conduct themselves in such a manner so many times and towards so many consumers and STILL be in business!  Which is my reason for filing these complaints - in hope that enough people find out about their practices and steer clear of them.

Like the gentleman from Mansfield, Texas who also filed a report with you said,  "there is NO RECOURSE " with these people...... they do WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT and the consumer just has to suck it up and eat their loss. You might as well be dealing with street thugs and common criminals!  By the way, they also did the same to my ex-husband who informed me about it only AFTER the fact.  He didn't file a complaint simply cause he's computer illiterate.

I also filed a complaint with the Consumer Complaint Agency and they have advised me that this business "maintains an UNSATISFACTORY rating with the CCA.  Consumers are advised to use caution when dealing with this organization."   They also state "Successfully Archived. The party/organization has been officially censured by the CCA and a negative designation has been filed in permanent CCA records".

If anyone is interested, they can view that complaint by going to www.consumercomplaintagency.com and it will ask you for a Case number.  The Case# is 7618127255.

Thank you very much.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2013 06:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AMERICAN-TRANSMISSION/ARLINGTON-Texas-76001/AMERICAN-TRANSMISSION-AMERICAN-TRANSMISSION-AND-CAR-REPAIR-SO-CALLED-CHRISTIAN-COMPANYO-1044934. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AMERICAN TRANSMISSION