Complaint Review: AMERICAN VAN LINES EAST

• Updated: Tue, July 03, 2012

• Reported By: Linda — SPRING HILL Florida United States of America
AMERICAN VAN LINES EAST
9524 NORTH TRASK ST, Tampa, FL 33624 Internet United States of America

AMERICAN VAN LINES EAST Gil Vasquez DO NOT HIRE THIS DECEPTIVE COMPANY- - RIPOFF!!! Internet

*Consumer Comment: FILE A REPORT WITH THE FMCSA

This is a warning to anyone who is planning an upcoming move.  DO NOT hire American Van Lines East in Tampa!

Gil Vasquez from American Van Lines East contacted me after I did an online search for local movers. I was given a quote (after listing the exact items which were to be moved) over the phone as well as having the quote emailed to me.

I was told the company would contact me the day before the move to confirm. I never received a call...I had to call the company!  I received move confirmation for the following morning and was told the movers would be at my home between 9:00am and 10:00 am and that they would also call when they were on the way.

This was important to me because I had a commitment at 8:00 am and would make sure I was ready for the movers between 9:00 and 10:00.  The movers never called ahead and arrived at my home at 8:00 am, which was very inconvenient for me and needless to say not what I was promised would happen just one day prior!!

The movers were very careless with my furniture....I actually saw them forcing one of my leather chairs through the doorway leaving some of the packing material in my door jam...when he saw that I was watching, he said "See...that's why we have to wrap things."  I later found this chair was marked up.  My dining room table, which was in pristine condition before the move, was severely damaged.  It must have been dropped or placed carelessly in the truck. The entire corner of the table was broken off.  The mover signed a statement the day of the move that stated this damage was caused during the move. This beautiful table will cost hundreds to repair....After obtaining a claim report and returning it as per American Van Lines East instructions, I was told they would issue me $36.00 for the damage "at their earliest convenience" once I returned the release form.

The final cost of the move was twice as much as I was originally quoted.  After all, the tape and other packing material was an extra charge!!

I would encourage anyone who is looking for moving companies in the Tampa, Florida DO NOT HIRE AMERICAN VAN LINES EAST. I only wish I would have done more research and read the other complaints I have since seen online before I hired this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2011 12:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AMERICAN-VAN-LINES-EAST/internet/AMERICAN-VAN-LINES-EAST-Gil-Vasquez-DO-NOT-HIRE-THIS-DECEPTIVE-COMPANY-RIPOFF-Intern-799114. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AMERICAN VAN LINES EAST

FILE A REPORT WITH THE FMCSA

AUTHOR: TRUTH BE TOLD! - (United States of America)

Find FMCSA on the internet and file a report about AVL.

Although you will not be re-imbursed for any financial losses, us victims can have the GREAT PLEASURE of knowing that AVL will be fined for MORE money than they made off us!

Get 'em in the pocket where it hurts the most!

exact