Complaint Review: AMERICREDIT Financial

• Submitted: Fri, May 09, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, May 09, 2008

• Reported By:Edgewood Maryland
AMERICREDIT Financial
801 Cherry Street Fort Worth, Texas U.S.A.

AMERICREDIT Financial Actions that caused me additional fees. Fort Worth Texas

As a result of losing her job our daughter's car was repossessed (on Monday Night)for non-payment. The tow company took her vehicle to an out of state location. We (her parents) helped her reinstate the account the very next day (Tuesday Morning) via quick collect. The company sent a release to the towing company in my daughter's name. My daughter has just started her new job and was unable to take off to get the vehicle, and contactedthe company to find out what she had to do to get the vehicle released to me. She was informed to fax a written authorization letter-authorizing the tow company to release the vehicle to me. She faxed that authorization to Americredit on Wednesday.

On thirsday, when contacted Americredit stated that they had not received the fax. Another fax was sent. Thursday evening. On Friday morning after learning that Americredit had not faxed the release, I contacted Americredit personally to find out what was going on. I was upset that such a simple matter had taken several days of rearranging schedules, finding transportation to annd from work and incurring additional storage fees. I personally faxed I personally faxed the signed release to Americredit and waited about 30 minutes, called and was told that they had not received the fax. I called back about 90 minutes later and was told the same thing.

Meantime, I had sent that fax to several people, including my attorney and they all received the fax within 0 minutes. The individual(s) working in the reinstatement office disrespected me (although I did raise my voice). So in retaliation they continued to deny having received the authorization letter to get back at me. I attempted to make contact with their complaint depart with no success.

If you have to deal with the Americredit Reinstatement Office I suggest that you document (record if possible/legal) the conversation. I am going to contact the Attorney General's Office, the Better Business Bureau and anyone that I can to report this issue.

Jansen
Edgewood, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2008 08:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AMERICREDIT-Financial/Fort-Worth-Texas-76102/AMERICREDIT-Financial-Actions-that-caused-me-additional-fees-Fort-Worth-Texas-331574. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AMERICREDIT Financial