Complaint Review: AMERSHOP.NET

• Submitted: Mon, September 10, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, September 10, 2012

• Reported By: Lost trust — Cape Coral Florida U.S.A.
AMERSHOP.NET

AMERSHOP.NET Amershop strikes again with no legal recourse Internet

I too looked over my bank statement and found a charge for $4.95 from this company. I first contacted my bank, then the police and then Visa.

My bank was the most responsive and placed a hold on the charge, which they did get back. I called the internet fraud department at my local police station. I was told that there was nothing they would do as the charge was for only $5.00. I told the officer that I did not care that it would only be a misdemeanor I did research and found this company has been committing these same crimes since 2008 ( the earliest report I could find). The officer concluded our call with a case number and again stated there was nothing I could do.

My next call was to Visa itself. I wanted to know why they continue to provide a "service" to a company that commits fraudulent practices against consumers. The gentleman stated I had no proof of that, even when I supplied them with the police report I just filed. "We will look into it" was all the rep said as he hung up on me.
Why is it that a company is allowed to continue this type of scam on the public (for over 4 years) is beyond me. If an individual used a stolen credit card they would be prosecuted no matter if the charge was $1.00 or $500.00! Why should a local company be above the law?????

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2012 07:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AMERSHOPNET/internet/AMERSHOPNET-Amershop-strikes-again-with-no-legal-recourse-Internet-938916. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AMERSHOP.NET