Complaint Review: AMP Alarm AMP Security LLCM

• Updated: Fri, December 31, 2010

• Reported By: Linda — Everett Washington United States of America
AMP Alarm AMP Security LLCM
815 W. University Parkway Orem, Utah United States of America

AMP Alarm AMP Security LLCM AMP Alarm has stolen money from my bank account, and say I renewed a 60 month contract with them, which I did not. Orem, Utah

I noticed an unauthorized charge for $39.99 from my bank account by AMP Alarm in December, 2010. I have never heard of this company before. I had previously used an alarm company named North Star Alarm based in Orem, Utah, which I signed a contract for 36 months, beginning May, 2005 and I discontinued their services in Oct, 2009, which more than fiulfilled the contract. I contracted with a new company, which also withdraws the monthly fee from my account. It seems unusual that North Star and AMP are both based in Orem, Utah. So has North Star changed it's name to AMP? It looks likely that perhaps they are one and the same company. When I called to question the charge, I was told that they have a renewed 60-month contract with me, which is a total lie. I have filed a claim against them with my bank and the police department.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/31/2010 02:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AMP-Alarm-AMP-Security-LLCM/Orem-Utah-84058/AMP-Alarm-AMP-Security-LLCM-AMP-Alarm-has-stolen-money-from-my-bank-account-and-say-I-r-677309. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AMP Alarm AMP Security LLCM