Complaint Review: AM/PM Arco Gas Station

• Submitted: Sat, February 21, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, February 21, 2009

• Reported By:Cottonwood Arizona
AM/PM Arco Gas Station
Main St., Cottonwood, Arizona U.S.A.

AM/PM Arco Gas Station $75.00 account debit for $10.00 transaction Cottonwood Arizona

*Consumer Comment: A charge or a hold?

I recently used my debit card at the Arco gas station on Main St., in Cottonwood, AZ. My transaction was only $10.02. The next day, I noticed an additional and UNAUTHORIZED charge from Arco for $75.00 debited to my account; a day later, it was credited back. I contacted my bank, who confirmed the charge came from Arco.

As a result of this unauthorized debit/credit, my account became overdrawn and I am now liable for overdraft fees. I attempted to call the station, but their phone number is unlisted. I question the legality of what Arco did, since there is nothing posted alerting debit card users of this practice. Had I known, I would have used another form of payment, or gone somewhere else.

Kathi
Cottonwood, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2009 03:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AMPM-Arco-Gas-Station/Cottonwood-Arizona-86326/AMPM-Arco-Gas-Station-7500-account-debit-for-1000-transaction-Cottonwood-Arizona-426953. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AM/PM Arco Gas Station

A charge or a hold?

AUTHOR: Edgeman - (U.S.A.)

I've never bought gasoline at an Arco station, so I'm not sure how they do it. Was your debit for gas? If so, was the $75 an actual charge or was it just a hold? I'm not saying who is right or wrong, just trying to determine what happened here.