Complaint Review: AM/PM

• Submitted: Sun, March 06, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, March 06, 2011

• Reported By: Adam — phoenix Arizona U.S.A.
AM/PM
1601 n. 27th. ave. Internet United States of America

AM/PM clerk Gustavo AM/PM clerk Gustavo ripped me off $10 worth of gas and had police throw me off property Internet

I got ripped off today buying gas at the AMPM gas station at 27th Ave. and McDowell today. I pulled into a crowded gas station at pump nine, and went inside to refill my a.m. p.m. cup I had earlier in the day from another AMPM where I got gas and filled my cup with ice and water and stood in line, and the line was really long, so I asked the clerk whose name was Gustavo if the computers are working outside to take the cash, he said yes. As i was walking out the door, I told him I had refilled my AMPM cup with ice and water. Gustavo askes me to open the lid and show him but i had already walked out of the store.. I went to the the computer kiosk and inserted a $10 bill and chose pump nine. I went to go pump and nothing happened ,no gas. I checked the kiosk and it had reset itself for the next customer, so I went back and opened the stores door and I told Mr. Gustavo that his kiosk machine had ripped me off and if he could please put $10 on pump 9 for me and he said ," were not responsible for the machines , you can fill out a form and turn it in to get your gas or your money back". I asked if i could speak to the manager but gustavo said the manager isn't not here today.I told him that either you give me the gas or give me my money back or i'll call the police. He said go ahead and call the police.I left the store and waited by my car on pump 9 , In the meantime, I told a lady pumping gas next to me the story and she told me that the same clerk, Mr. Gustavo did the the same thing to her a few days ago after she put $5 in the kiosk and didn't get gas by offering the form to fill out but, the manager was there and gave her the gas. Then another clerk came outside to change the price on the signs and I asked him about the kiosk machines, and he said " were not responsible for them". I said you should have a sign on the kiosk saying "we are not responsible for losing your cash, your at your own risk". He replied to me that "Gustavo said you ripped the store off for a soda". I said Gustavo probably cancelled my $10 gas purcase and ripped me off and possibly pocketed my money.Then the police showed up and went inside the store and then told me that Gustavo wants me thrown off the property now and if you come back here you will be arrested for tresspassing. The officer gave me a 3 x 5 index card with Gustavos name and the phone # 602-278-8998 to call on monday to talk to the manager and told me this is a civil matter and escorted me off the property. I have never had any problems with any gas station attendants when the pump didn't start, they would always reset it.But the one thing i won't do anymore is ever buy gas at a.m. PMs they lost my business for life. Shame on you Gustavo , how manny other customers have you ripped off i hope you get fired.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2011 06:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AMPM/internet/AMPM-clerk-Gustavo-AMPM-clerk-Gustavo-ripped-me-off-10-worth-of-gas-and-had-police-thr-703284. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AM/PM