unexpected

• Updated: Thu, June 24, 2004

• Reported By:FAIRVIEW Tennessee
ANCESTORY.COM
WWW.ANCESTORY.COM Internet U.S.A.

ANCESTORY.COM ripoff, charged my account, tried to cancel in (30) days and I was not on the system until the 99.95 charge was done and they found me & stated e-mail address was incorrect in system (yeh right) USA Internet

I agreed to use the 30 trial period for $1.00 charged on my debt card. However, I tried to call with in the (30) days and cancel my account. They could not find me in the system. However, they found my debt card and charged me the annual premium of $99.95 before my (30) days where up. Then I calll the cancllation Number and that we given to me and they stated they could not find me. However, they did and the Representative @ Ancestory.com said they missed spelled my e-mail, the letter (I) was left out?????? (which I believe was done on purpose, so they can not cancel any subscriptions)

I never did try the (30) day trial, had no Interest in it. I told the representive that this should not have been charged to my account and I wanted this to be taken off of my debt card. Per the rep. "Sorry you had (30) days to cancel and didn't so there is nothing we can do about !!!!! (very hateful) There is something I can do about this. 1st contact my bank and asked how they got my new debt card number???? 2nd spread the word that Ancestory.com if a rip off and no one should try this web site or you will get ripped off. The money that was charged on my debt card was for my groceries that I had plan to buy for my family.

Ancestory.com is a rip off. Please help, For this amount of money I have to work over *8* hours, over a day pay for me. What can we do????? Need all the help and I will turn this info into the better business bureau also. Thanks for being there RIP-OFF REPORT.COM as we all need the help from scammers like this!!!!!

Angie
FAIRVIEW, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2004 07:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ANCESTORYCOM/internet/ANCESTORYCOM-ripoff-charged-my-account-tried-to-cancel-in-30-days-and-I-was-not-on-th-96210. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ANCESTORY.COM