Complaint Review: ANCESTRY.COM

• Submitted: Tue, June 08, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, June 08, 2010

• Reported By: Gail — tyrone Georgia U.S.A.
Internet, Utah United States of America

ANCESTRY.COM you will never find what you want... they want to sell you more! Internet, Utah

I've been a member for more that yrs n they use to have a reputable site, however they have turned into a conn... I think they will stay in bussiness sucking in the novice, who will think not finding records is ..their own...error...It is not. I canceled my subcription today and I won't be back.

1.For years, you could look up immigration records. Now you can't. It use to give you the guys name, his family, who was traveling with him...now it gives you a 'little thing to put in your shoe box'!  All the little thing says is ..his name..no year..no ship..or if he jumped off the moon! just a little something for your s****.>

answer.. I complained..for months they did nothing...I asked for supervisor, never called back and left many messages over ...months!

2. today..tried to look up something very simple..1810..Tennesse census.

I knew that Houston families lived there then.  I'm kin to them..when I made the search Tenn, 1810, it threw up Deleware, Nc., Sc.  etc...if you didn't know better, you would accept that and think they didn't live there.

answer...I called..and they told me to use the 'card catalogue' n that they found Houston's in Tenn that way!  I asked why it didn't work the reg way..their answer?  we have too many records and it is the only way to pull it up.

AND GUESS WHAT CAME UP WHEN YOU DID IT THAT WAY?  A little thing for your 's****.>

This is misleading and dishonest!  They have the records and are too lazy to fix their computer. What you get is..DISHONEST FACTS. If I didn't know better, I would have thought my Houstons didn't live in Tenn and found the wrong ones in Del, SC. or Nc!  They know the records are not showing correctly and are doing nothing to fix them.

I wanted my complaint escalated. They said those deparments didn't take calls ...nor returned them...I would have to email them!  They simply do not care..

2 reasons..other than bad bussiness practices..

1. they have bought up all the records..the more you are confused by them...the longer you will keep your membership and look...there by spending more money with them.

2. I saw on their web site..the immigation books!..oh my..all sold out!
So... the deal now is to instead of give you access to what you have ..PAID FOR...THEY WANT TO TANTALIZE YOU WITH YOUR LITTLE s****.>

I also noticed that a publishing company is some sort of owner or partner..so the deal is..we pull you in ..tell you that your gonna get the info you paid for, then we tell you to get it ..just buy this book...that is deceptive advertising and fraud in my book.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2010 07:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ANCESTRYCOM/Internet-Utah-/ANCESTRYCOM-you-will-never-find-what-you-want-they-want-to-sell-you-more-Internet-U-611843. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ANCESTRY.COM