Complaint Review: ANCESTRY.COM

• Reported By: 48harley — CANTON Michigan United States of America
ANCESTRY.COM

ANCESTRY.COM POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPERVISOR, Internet

*Consumer Comment: But

Ancestry.com is a money first, customer service last. I used the site over a year ago to look up something for my mom. Haven't used it since. I received a bill Friday (through credit card) and went to cancel. Because the credit card billing cycle is different that when Ancestry.com charges, I was two days past my 30 day cancellation period. I talked to customer service ( who wanted to refund me my money) but was over-ridden by the supervisor. He was aware I haven't used the site in over a year but was not interested in my situation. He blamed Capital One for the delay. How arrogant. So for those of you looking to browse, beware of the scam that Ancestry.com has set up. I was looking forward to using this site in the future, but now it's to warn people of the costly situation that they can get into.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2013 04:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ANCESTRYCOM/internet/ANCESTRYCOM-POOR-CUSTOMER-SERVICE-SUPERVISOR-Internet-1011882. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ANCESTRY.COM

But

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

But you were over your 30 day cancellation period.  What's the problem?  The fact that you didn't use it is irrelevant.