Complaint Review: ANFI, Anderson Financial Network

• Submitted: Mon, February 23, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, February 23, 2009

• Reported By:Columbus Ohio
ANFI, Anderson Financial Network
404 Brock Dr Bloomington, Illinois U.S.A.

ANFI, Anderson Financial Network Collection company posted 12 year old debt on my credit report as new Bloomington Illinois

*Consumer Comment: RE:

I recently received notice from American Express that my AMEX credit card was being cancelled based on my credit score. I have always kept a strong positive credit rating and check my credit reports annually.

I was shocked to see an old debt, which I had disputed over 12 years ago, return as a new negative. The debt, $685, is supposedly for Aerial Communications Cellular Service.

I have not had an account with Aerial since 1997.

Aerial Communications was acquired by VoiveStream Wireless on September 20, 1999. T-Mobile then acquired VoiceStream Wireless.

How could a debt that is over 12 years old with Aerial reamerge as new?

I am having no luck getting answers from this collection company. Equifax, the credit report I pulled to review, notes in the negative accounts section that accounts not paid may remain on file for 7 years. This is obviously not the case. I guess bogus collection companies like AFNI can make old debts live forever.

Bigwinman
Columbus, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2009 02:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ANFI-Anderson-Financial-Network/Bloomington-Illinois-61702/ANFI-Anderson-Financial-Network-Collection-company-posted-12-year-old-debt-on-my-credit-r-427332. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ANFI, Anderson Financial Network

RE:

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Send a letter via Certified Mail + Return Receipt to AFNI stating:

Per the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, I am requesting written validation of this alleged debt, which includes:

- a copy of the original signed contract with my signature
- validation of the original "Date of Delinquency" for this alleged debt
- validation of the "Date of Last Activity" for this alleged debt
- validation that this alleged debt is within the statute of limitations.

Per the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the burden to validate the debt falls on the debt collector. It is not my responsibility to validate this alleged debt for you. If your firm has the info to place this item on my credit report, then you need no further validation of my identity. Receipt of this validation request is being time stamped by the USPS.

Responding to a debt validation request by sending a letter to me requesting that I file an identity theft report is not a valid response and any such response will be officially documented as a refusal to validate the debt per the terms of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.

Either validate this alleged debt within the 30 day time period as allowed under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act or remove it from my credit files

If this notation is not removed, I will have no choice by to take legal action per my rights under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. I will also file official complaints with the Attorney General (Lisa Madigan) of Illinois and the BBB.

Attorney General Lisa Madigan 500 South Second Street Springfield, IL 62706