sequence

• Updated: Thu, September 24, 2009

• Reported By: Bryan — Thornton California USA
ANTWERPEN TOYOTA
www.JackSaysYes.com Internet United States of America

ANTWERPEN TOYOTA "Jack Says Yes" JackSaysYes.com $200 for an easy repair at Antwerpen Toyota turned into more than $3,000. Next time, just do what I ask. Internet

*Consumer Comment: Tech1, Did you know that exactly two weeks after SLUDGE POEM was posted here at Ripoffreport.com that Toyota's CEO quit his position and.....

*Consumer Suggestion: Here is some information

* : The dealership is often thieves...

* : Bryan, Don't EVER buy parts from any dealer, and DON'T have the dealer install them either!!! Here's why-

In 2007, my wife and I purchased a Certified 2002 Toyota Sienna from Antwerpen Toyota in Clarksville, Md. Earlier this year, after the check engine light came on -- and goes off and comes on and goes off and comes on, etc. -- my personal mechanic said the code had to do with the catalytic converter. He told me what to say to the service writer, and he said because only Toyota dealerships had the needed software, the job should take 10-15 minutes but cost about $200 so the dealership could make a few bucks. Fine.

Because Toyota issued a bulletin on the problem and covered the work on a Sienna with less than 80,000 miles, and we purchased the Certified van from Antwerpen when the vehicle had about 56,000 miles and now had 85,000 miles, I asked the service writer if the cost could be covered. The service writer said he would take of me. But a few days later, I was told I needed a new catalytic converter and the cost would be about $3,000. Whoa! I asked the service writer just to do what I asked, and he said no. I asked if the extended warranty I purchased from Toyota when I bought the van would cover the work, and he again said no.

When my wife and I exercised our First Amendment rights and told the service writers and the customer relations manager what we thought of their tactics, we were told that we were no longer welcome at the dealership because we had embarrassed the dealership in front of paying customers. We were even accused of slander, and when I informed the customer relations manager that as a former journalist I understood slander, and what he had just said to me was slanderous, he stated some unkind words I won't print here and hung up the phone. With friends like him, who needs enemies?

Forward to last month when we are driving from Maryland to California, and somewhere near Indianapolis, I start to hear a loud noise and the check engine light comes on for the first time in about a month. The car was running fine and the mileage was good, so I figured it's a problem with the muffler. When we arrived in California, we looked under the van and found the gasket for an oxygen sensor was busted and the sensor was finally dislodged but dangling. I took the Sienna to a place in Lodi, California, said what the problem was, and left with a fixed van for $360 for parts and labor.

If Antwerpen Toyota had just done what I had asked, bothered to locate the actual problem, or covered the work with the manufacturer-issued extended warranty, I would not write this report. Instead, I would be praising the dealership, but I have nothing good to say about Antwerpen Toyota.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2009 01:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ANTWERPEN-TOYOTA/internet/ANTWERPEN-TOYOTA-Jack-Says-Yes-JackSaysYescom-200-for-an-easy-repair-at-Antwerpen-Toyo-498171. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ANTWERPEN TOYOTA

AUTHOR: Karl - (U.S.A.)

announced that he was going over to Chrysler, which eventually went BANKRUPT after he arrived as one of their TOP executives?

You can 'Google' this- SLUDGE POEM, and read it. It was posted on 8-23-2007. Jim Press, Toyota's former CEO, announced his resignation with Toyota on 9-6-2007. That's exactly two weeks after SLUDGE POEM was posted about him right here at this site, correct?

And believe it or not, a little over a year after SLUDGE POEM 2 was posted about Toyota's President in Japan, Katsuaki Watanabe, he was REMOVED from his position as Toyota's President! You can 'Google' this- SLUDGE POEM 2, and read it, if you'd like.

And guess what? A little over a year after a prediction about the COLLAPSE OF THE U.S. ECONOMY was made right here at this site, IT CAME TRUE! You can 'Google' this- RIP OFF REPORT GM CREDIT CARD SERVICES, and go to Betty's Rip Off Report about her interest rate going up from 10.99% to 32.44% and read the '1st Update' to her report where it clearly sates this- Quote: "The Collapse of the U.S. economy is in its infancy. Get all of your money out of the stock market and cash in your retirement NOW!" - 9/3/2007

'Google' this- INSIDE THE MELTDOWN, and watch that Frontline documentary which proves that the U.S. economy COLLAPSED in September of 2008.

WELCOME TO AMERICA- IN FRAUD WE TRUST!

Thank you.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Here is some information

AUTHOR: Tech1 - (U.S.A.)

A software update or emission related repair is never covered buy an extended warranty. An Emission update many times cannot be performed if it is out of the 8 years 80K miles. What was the code? Was it for the catalyst or the fuel meter sensor (O2 sensor)? I wonder why the O2 sensor was hanging.

I have had customers who were angry when they picked up their car after spending 1000 in repairs. And the A/C blows 41 deg when it is 97 outside. We kicked him off the property for his language. I think you used some bad words. When you deal with things as complexes as cars IT is important to stay calm talk with thought even talk to the tech. We don't like talking to you but it is part of the job.

Karl...Not all dealerships buy after market parts. Many buy only OEM parts. While they do have a high mark up many times they can not buy parts for the same price as after market. example an O2 sensor at a parts store may be $40 their . However, a dealer can only buy it for $70 or even $100 add a 20%-30% mark up. For my experience, OEM has so much more Quality I will only use OEM on my cars. I have seen it back fire on so many people It is not funny. I now know why you are the way you are to you are a Porsche owner.

Ronny... Oil leaks happen mostly buy time and heat. Seals shrink. I have seen many minor to just above that leak right on the exhaust IE my wife's Ford did that no oil on the ground. And yes, it can cause a fire BUT IT IS VERY RARE. $3000 sounds like they may have done a cam seal and timing belt or somthing els also. So I have to take this as a "you may be lying". You can fix things good for you But You don't even know the whole story with your fathers repair. Just like, I don't know the full story with Bryan. You can Ether Fix your on cars take them to an Independent shop or a dealer But Know this I have seen many Mangled cars by Customers and the side shops.

#3

The dealership is often thieves...

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (U.S.A.)

My father once owned a Toyota Avalon. It was 10 years old..but had under 30,000 miles on it. He brought it into the dealership (or should I say stealership) for routene maintenece and tire rotation. They charged him $3,000 for a valve cover gasket. They scared him into it by saying an oil leak from it could result in a fire.

Well not only did he never see any oil in the driveway from under the car ..but a valve cover gasket only cost a few dollars. I could have replaced it for him in an afternoon but I am was in LA at the time..he is in NYC. I am mechanical and do almost all of my own automotive maintenance..he can not even hold a screwdriver...so they took advantage.

Not only that..but they charged him to fix a knocking sound that was coming from under the car..most likely a bad or loose muffler clamp...still had the noise..I talked him into getting rid of the car altogether.

Next time I am out there I am tempted to throw a brick through that dealerships window...I won't do that of course..but the idea makes me feel a little better.

#4

AUTHOR: Karl - (U.S.A.)

You will pay about 3 TIMES the amount by doing so! Dealers mark-up their parts & labor unlike you would ever believe! You can simply 'Google' this- TOYOTA PARTS, and several sites will most likely come up where you can get the SAME PARTS that the dealers buy from the SAME WAREHOUSES in most cases.

I was quoted $2,500 to put all new rotors & brakes on a 911 Porsche (including labor). I went to the web and got ALL the parts for the entire job, & had a local independent mechanic, who worked on German cars to do the labor. The total amount paid was less than $800.00

*That's a SAVINGS of $1,700.00

Now you know WHY these dealerships have their BIG  fancy buildings, & why their General Managers make their $30,000+ each month, right? Don't be fooled when these dealerships tell you that the mechanics working at a dealership are 'better', or more qualified to do the work. Often times an independent mechanic will do BETTER WORK because his name is on the line!

*STAY AWAY FROM ALL TOYOTA DEALERSHIPS is the best advice. Most Toyota dealers, & even Toyota Corporation are only out to make money ANY WAY THAT THEY CAN! They THRIVE on- DECEPTION, MANIPULATION, TRICKERY, & LIES.

SPREAD YOUR RIP OFF REPORT all over the web at sites like- 'TWITTER' & 'FACEBOOK'.
Thank you.