Complaint Review: ANYTIME FITNESS

• Reported By: Sheryl — Las Vegas Nevada United States of America
ANYTIME FITNESS
5635 East Charleston Ave Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

ANYTIME FITNESS Threw me out! Las Vegas, Nevada

I started going to Anytime Fitness over a year ago.  I felt comfortable because there was "no contract" and a somewhat reasonable fee of $24.50 a month.  The first problem I had was when they relocated and did not send anything telling me or a card in the mail and the place was out of business for OVER SIX WEEKS.  I had the option of using another club but it was pretty far away but I did it anyway because I had no options.  Even when they had the new opening, you had to drive by to see if it was open.  Then after over a year and a half I retired from the military so my finances were limited.  I called their ABC Financial company who told me I had to call them and gave me a number.  I called 13 TIMES and no one called me back.  This was in September.  Then I had fraud on my debit card so I thought well they can't take the money out anymore, that should solve it, until the BILLED me for it.  I called back again and THEN they informed me I had to cancel at the club? WHY?   I didn't have a contract?  Then I went to the club last night and he told me he would cancel me but I had to pay for this month and I also did not give thirty days notice so I had to pay for December?  I tossed my debit card on the counter and he used that as an excuse to kick me out of the club so I couldn't cancel!  Now if I don't cancel by December 1st I will get billed another $24.50?  It is sad that a business is so hard up for money that they play these games to keep your account?  I don't feel it's legal to bill me for something when they try to "Stay out of contact" so you have to keep paying.  Also the website says I can cancel through ABC financial but they won't do it!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/24/2010 08:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ANYTIME-FITNESS/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89142/ANYTIME-FITNESS-Threw-me-out-Las-Vegas-Nevada-665148. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ANYTIME FITNESS