Complaint Review: AOL AMERICA ON LINE

• Submitted: Thu, December 04, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, December 04, 2003

• Reported By:Riverside Ca.

AOL AMERICA ON LINE ripoff stealing money out of my bank account! I don't even have AOL. Internet

5/03: I first used a free 2 mo. AOL Trial cd. No charge on your credit card (Visa-debit) if you cancel within that time.

6/03: Aol was too slow, I called AOL and cancelled. I wanted to make sure they would not charge me. I then ordered high speed Internet cable service.

12/03: AOL has been taking (stealing!) $23.90 out of my debit visa account every month since I cancelled! That's $140.80. They also took a extra $80.00 out last month. I use this account for gasoline, paying bills, sm. purchases. I wrote checks, ect. thinking I had "such amount" balance after depositing my work check. Aol caused me to to get lots of bank charges like $32-$64 on a $4.00 purchase. It's adding up!

This has been the worst nightmare. The bank has not been much help either (red tape ,bank charges not refunded yet) BofA said I was supposed to have asked aol for a cancellation # to prove I cancelled. WHAT? Question? Is Bank of America and America on Line on the same team ? Then why can I cancel my bank account for the reason of fraud, open a new one to prevent anymore fraud, and aol still be able to take my hard earned, busting my a*s all week, money right out of my new account too?

Norco, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2003 11:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AOL-AMERICA-ON-LINE/internet/AOL-AMERICA-ON-LINE-ripoff-stealing-money-out-of-my-bank-account-I-dont-even-have-AOL-74108. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AOL AMERICA ON LINE