• Report: #219053

• Submitted: Sat, November 04, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, November 04, 2006

• Reported By:Honolulu Hawaii
AOL - America OnLine
http://www.aol.com/ Sterling, Virginia U.S.A.

AOL America OnLine Debited my credit card for 4 mos of service without my permission and a bogus subscription. Sterling Virginia

*Consumer Comment: No WONDER They Are Losing So Many Subscribers! And I Am About to Become ONE of Them!

AOL has dial-up and high speed service. I use Dial Up. I used their service for a couple of months last year, then cancelled it because the dial-up didn't work and they loaded my Windows SP1 with SP2 etc to make it work. I was within my 3-month trial so my cancellation notice was accepted.

Two months later AOL's collection business billed me for 4 months service. which I declined and changed my Pearl Harbor Metal Trades Credit Union card number.

Two months later I found three months of debits within 2 mos from my Pentagon Credit Union account which I hadn't used for AOL.
I find them pleasant and fun to talk to, however. I phoned them, they didn't know who opened the second AOL account, but my name was on it, and asked me if I would like to cancel it also, and gave me another cancellation number.

Now they want me to use it for free and are billing me anyway if I don't use it. I like their service, but not with Dial-Up

Roy
Honolulu, Hawaii

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2006 01:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AOL-America-OnLine/Sterling-Virginia-20165-8803/AOL-America-OnLine-Debited-my-credit-card-for-4-mos-of-service-without-my-permission-and-a-219053. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AOL - America OnLine

AUTHOR: Pam - (Georgia)

AOL locked me out of my internet account TWO days after I made payment arrangements with one of their billing support persons on line for a $35.80 balance. I called their toll-free customer NO-service number this morning and asked this guy who spoke minimal English and asked for an explanation. "Oh, we HAVE to freeze accounts, which have an outstanding balance, Ma'm", he answered politely. Indeed? If that is the case, then WHY wasn't I first told that by their billing support peson who AGREED with my offer to settle my account?

I don't like being LIED to, and AOL is about to be minus ANOTHER subscriber in addition to the several hundreds of THOUSANDS of subscribers they have already lost!