Complaint Review: AOL - America Online

• Submitted: Thu, December 14, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, December 14, 2006

• Reported By:Nashville Tennessee
AOL - America Online
22000 AOL Way Dulles, Virginia U.S.A.
  • Phone: 888-265-2003
  • Web:
  • Category: Internet

AOL - America Online fradulent billing Dulles Virginia

I recently had to cancel my home phone service because AOL continued to bill me for an AOL account that I did not even have! They began billing me 14.95 per month for service...then billed me 119.99 for a year...all which I did not authorize! I filed a dispute with my home phone service provider, and then cancelled the service because I was not going to pay AOL anything!

I had heard of the horror stories that ensued when trying to stop AOL...so I sat down, took a deep breath and called AOL. I was told by AOL rep that because I could not call them from the phone that the charges had come from that they would not cancel the account! I advised the rep that I cancelled the service because they were charging me - she then told me to get the service restored and call them, and they would cancel the account. Mind you - I did not authorize, set up, or even ask for this account! There are only 2 people in my household, and neither of us set this account up. I asked for the name of the person who set the account up or for the screenname...I could not get anything because I was not calling from my home phone number! She told me that she was not able to verify my identity - it was their policy! This kind of activity HAS to be illegal! If they are going to charge me...I should be entitled to the information.

Today, I received another phone bill from BellSouth...which, again is closed, and am being billed for AOL!

Robert
Nashville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2006 06:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AOL-America-Online/Dulles-Virginia-20166/AOL-America-Online-fradulent-billing-Dulles-Virginia-225456. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AOL - America Online