Complaint Review: AOL- America Online

• Updated: Thu, November 01, 2007

• Reported By:DC District of Columbia
AOL- America Online
Internet U.S.A.

AOL (America Online) Criminal Billing Fraud, Irresponsible Business Practices, Throws away complaints Internet

I tried AOL and my account did not start up/activate like I was told it was going to so I was told by their tech support to just call & give them by credit card again. I eventually had to do this three times - very strange. I was told my credit card would not be charged again & again when I did this.

I eventually got my internet up and running but discovered I had three separate (monthly) charges on my credit card for AOL monthly service.

I'll spare the horror of what happened over the course of a week with AOL, but the final result is AOL would NOT reimburse me for instructing me to keep calling back (& giving them my credit card again & again). So I finally threatened them with criminal prosecution via their local Police dept in their City/State. They just transferred me around on the phone like little muppets pretending to be making progress on the situation. I reasonably gave up on them. I simply had my credit card company take care of it. I had to file a criminal report against AOL.

AOL doesn't seem to care about ANYTHING but someone's money.
I later followed up to see what happened regarding all the complaints I filed against various departments for covering up facts/obstruction of justice/criminal fraudulent billing. Their responses were that they had 'no record' of any of my complaints, ever. I was simply shocked at their ultimate disregard for responsibility.

Beware of AO(hell). Let them drown themselves in their own indifference - don't ever trust them!

Mark
DC, District of Columbia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2007 06:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AOL-America-Online/internet/AOL-America-Online-Criminal-Billing-Fraud-Irresponsible-Business-Practices-Throws-away-282439. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AOL- America Online