Complaint Review: AOL Auto Advantage

• Submitted: Fri, October 31, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, October 31, 2003

• Reported By:North Wilkesboro North Carolina
AOL Auto Advantage
Aol. Auto Advantage.com Internet U.S.A.

AOL Auto Advantage They ripped of my debit card account for 89.95 after they canceled an order I didn't make Internet

I was on the internet and one of their ads popped up. I looked at it because I travel alot. The ad offered to send you information in the mail, and that you could decline the offer.

I sent in my physical address. After receiving the info. I decided I didn't want it thinking the matter was over. I called my bank and they told me their was a purchase from AOL auto advantage for 89.95 to be debited from my account the next day.

I called AOL advantage and they admitted that they had gotten my banking info. from AOL. I have not had AOL in almost 2 years, but they still had my debit card information. I told them that they were not to take this money from my debit account because I didn't order their services and they had gotten my information fraduantly.

I had my bank (Wachovia)and them on the phone 3-way. They told my banker that they would not try to retrieve these funds, and gave us a cancellation #.
When I checked my account the next morning my account was overdrawn where they took the money out anyway.
Please tell me that after making an official decision with a third party, and supposedly putting this in thier system how they were able to take my money and leave me with a negative account balance.

Diane
North Wilkesboro, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2003 05:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AOL-Auto-Advantage/internet/AOL-Auto-Advantage-They-ripped-of-my-debit-card-account-for-8995-after-they-canceled-an-o-70630. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AOL Auto Advantage