Complaint Review: AOL CO.UK

• Updated: Sun, October 08, 2006

• Reported By:Colchester, Essex Other
AOL CO.UK
AOL Bristol, UK Bristol, United Kingdom United Kingdom

AOL UK Allows hackers to access my account and they won't let me cancel Bristol, United Kingdom Internet

I have been a member since 2002 and I must say until recently I have never really had a problem with them.

6 months ago I was working abroad, I had broadband with AOL at home. When I came home no internet so I phoned AOL they advised my account had been suspended for sending bulk email.

I told them impossible as I work abroad, no one has access to my pc while im abroad, it was from then on I had problems with my accounts being compromised.

I changed my security question weekly my passwords daily and to no avail.. some hacker would still gain access and abuse my account to hell. (Yes I have nortons antivirus and ad/spy blockers) but nothing ever found.

I phone AOL now every other day for 4 months now getting my account unblocked, I cant take it anymore I recently phoned up and said enough is enough ur not doing anything about this so im cancelling.

When they told me.. sorry ur only 4 months in to a new 12 month contract u have to stay. We cannot cancel.

So now im locked into a battle to cancel, but they are bastards, they are blocking my account daily, I have not been able to send emails for 4 months they acknowledge they cant do anything yet they wont cancel my account.

Peter
Colchester, Essex
United Kingdom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2006 01:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AOL-COUK/Bristol-United-Kingdom/AOL-UK-Allows-hackers-to-access-my-account-and-they-wont-let-me-cancel-Bristol-United-Ki-214732. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AOL CO.UK