Complaint Review: AOL Time Warner

• Updated: Thu, October 03, 2002

• Reported By:Portland Or
AOL Time Warner
www.aol.com Internet U.S.A.

AOL Time Warner AOL BILLING RIPOFF LIKE SO MANAY OTHERS ON RIP-OFF REPORT, Internet

*Consumer Comment: America Online polite and helpful

AOL IS A RIP OFF I just got my bank statement today and found out I had been charged 56.00 and 109.00 dollars by AOL. I immediately called AOL because I thought this must be a mistake. A few months ago I switched to the 4.60 a month plan well something close to that so I could check my emails. I was and still am using msn and I wanted to keep getting my AOL emails.

The first thing I did when I changed to the 4.60 a month plan was call AOL to make sure I would not get charged for just checking my emails using my aol account and software as long as I signed online using my dsl line she said no you will not.

Today I called and they told me something different they said the only way I could check my emails is if I logged on to AOL by using my msn software to navigate myself to their website. They would not refund my money I asked the manager why would I pay 109.00 if I could get unlimited use for 24.00 dollars a month and his reply was sorry you agreed to the terms of use.

So if you want to use a shady company who practices very deceitful business practices use AOL and if you decide to change make sure you completely get rid of them.

sTEVE
pORTLAND, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2002 12:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AOL-Time-Warner/internet/AOL-Time-Warner-AOL-BILLING-RIPOFF-LIKE-SO-MANAY-OTHERS-ON-RIP-OFF-REPORT-Internet-31636. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AOL Time Warner

America Online polite and helpful

AUTHOR: Tracey - ()

I have America Online and have been a subscriber for over 7 years now. At one point in time, I had two separate AOL accounts. When I decided to cancel my second account and called AOL, I had no problems with my request. The operator who handled my cancellation was polite and helpful. He gave me his name and once the cancellation was complete he gave me a confirmation number. It has been 3 months since I have canceled, and I have had no problems with AOL charging me after I canceled.