contrary

• Updated: Fri, December 07, 2001

• Reported By:Naperville IL
AOL Traveler's Advantage
Nationwide U.S.A.

Traveler's Advantage Ripoff *UPDATE Disgraceful!

*0: wished I had read your report before giving them my credit card number

12 months passed since I cancelled my AOL Traveler's Advantage over the phone so I was surprised that my recent Visa statement showed that same charge again. I called again and found to my surprise that the account was never cancelled and was told that even if I cancelled now I would lose about $10.00 that was already used for the new billing year, that is unless I had the cancellation number I was given a year ago.

I cancelled anyway, was given another cancellation number (which I will save), but was refused in my request to get an address of their complaint or legal department. I logged online to try to get such an address and was surprised to find this site. I guess I'm not the first or only one who has been suckered by these folks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AOL-Travelers-Advantage/nationwide/Travelers-Advantage-Ripoff-UPDATE-Disgraceful-8695. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AOL Traveler's Advantage

#1 0

wished I had read your report before giving them my credit card number

AUTHOR: - ()

----- Original Message -----
From: "Deidre Miller"
To:
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2001 7:06 AM
Subject: Travelers' Advantage

I only wished I had read your report before giving them my credit card number. After my initial conversation with them in the late summer, I recently noticed a debit from my credit card. Lo and behold they had taken it upon themselves to deduct funds from my personal account.

Nothing in the mail requesting my signature, no contracts but only a magazine telling me about more options. Needless to say, I still haven't received my refund even after numerous calls and promises to return my money.

Disgraceful!