Complaint Review: AOL

• Submitted: Mon, December 29, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, January 24, 2012

• Reported By:Austin Texas
AOL
2270 Pacific Blvd. Dulles, Virginia U.S.A.

AOL cancelled my account of more than 10 years and refuses to tell me for what reason, give me anyone to call, or have anyone call me. Dulles Virginia

*Consumer Comment: My AOL TO!!

*General Comment: same problem with aol regarding report

*UPDATE Employee: Did you fix it?

To whom it may concern:

I have had an AOL account for more than 10 years.

Yesterday afternoon I was kicked off line.

In spite of multiple hours on the phone with them, I am unable to find anyone who will explain to me what I supposedly did to warrant this treatment.

I was hung up on once.

Bill
Austin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2008 11:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AOL/Dulles-Virginia-20166/AOL-cancelled-my-account-of-more-than-10-years-and-refuses-to-tell-me-for-what-reason-giv-405781. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AOL

My AOL TO!!

AUTHOR: Patrick - (United States of America)

I have been a PAYING user of aol for a good 10 years plus myself. I used AOl just fine last night and then this morning i tried logging in and it wouldnt let me. I also spent a lot of time on the phone with getting no one that would give me a reason other than I "may have violated terms of use" even though I have done nothing different than I have the last 10 years. I was told to write a letter to have my account reactiviated, so I did and went to the post office to overnight it $20.00. Once i left he post office the more I thought about it the more it pissed me off. So I called back agian to get the same response and thery couldnt give me a phone number for the people that choose to delete your accounts and she told me I needed to write a letter, but this time i got a different address and she said she had no clue why the 1st lady told me the wrong place to mail it. So I mail the 2nd letter (another $20.00) I could have sent it regular mail but all my banking, ect are emailed to my AOL account. Guess that does me no good now. What a joke that someone can delete your account of oveer 10 years, I mean if you were sending out spam, ect wouldnt you have been doing it the 1st part of the 10 years. But yet there is no number to contact them directly.

#2 General Comment

same problem with aol regarding report

AUTHOR: willcv - (USA)

AOL member since 1996. Same account since 1997. Same account (from '97) got canceled. I was told I had to mail a letter to Sterling, VA telling them that I couldn't access my account. So, after a lot of calls to customer service I did so. After 15 mails sent out over the past 8 months, i have had no response. I don't know what else to do! Any idea? This is ridiculous!!!

Did you fix it?

AUTHOR: Tiger - (U.S.A.)

If not, give me your screenname and I'll contact the community action team (the ones who terminate accounts) and find out what happened.

They terminate hundreds of accts everyday b/c of violation of the terms of service, non payment, etc. If yours was a mistake I'll make sure they reinstate it right away and compensate you for the inconvenience. I will not tolerate that tenured loyal member like you gets this treatment.

Cheers,