• Report: #197557

• Submitted: Thu, June 22, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, June 22, 2006

• Reported By:Columbia Missouri
AOL
AOL.com Jacksonville, Florida U.S.A.

AOL America On Line ripoff dishonesy fraudulent billing get your money back Jacksonville Florida

I signed up for a trial offer through AOL on February 2,2006. I cancelled the account on February 23, 2006 and received a cancellation letter in the mail.
In March I was charged for service from AOL on my debit card. I called to get that taken care of (which never happened) and they continued to cahrge me for three more months.

I finally called my bank to stop AOL from billing me anymore. The bank said they can do that as well as get my other money back as long as they had a copky of the cancellation letter.

The bank said that when the charges were blocked from my account and sent back to AOL, AOL would finally get the drift and stop charging me. AOL charged me over $100, which i got back and the stop payment fee was only $15

Emily
Columbia, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2006 06:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AOL/Jacksonville-Florida-32245/AOL-America-On-Line-ripoff-dishonesy-fraudulent-billing-get-your-money-back-Jacksonville-197557. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AOL