• Report: #209890

• Reported By:Inkster Michigan
AOL
aol.com Internet U.S.A.

AOL deceptive business practices, AOL are liars!! Ripoff Internet

America Online aka AOL are ripoffs! I signed up with AOL for 6 months free. I didn't update my credit card info, so I had to close my account and I thought that was the end of it. Well....1 month ago (a whole year later!), I received a letter in the mail stating that I owe them $50.00. The first thing that I wanted to know is if I owed them $50.00 for cancelling, why am I just now receiving the letter? I called the customer service number and asked this same question. At first the CSR tried to get me to remain an AOL customer. When I refused, he transferred me to the billing department that left me on hold forever.

If anyone is thinking about signing up for AOL....think twice because they only care about keeping you as a customer; even if it means using unlawful "bait and switch" tatics!

Chaka
Inkster, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2006 09:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AOL/internet/AOL-deceptive-business-practices-AOL-are-liars-Ripoff-Internet-209890. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AOL