Complaint Review: A.O.N. Insurance France

• Submitted: Tue, December 06, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, December 06, 2011

• Reported By: stephan101 — Saint Paul Minnesota United States of America
A.O.N. Insurance France

A.O.N. Insurance France AON, Expat Insurance France, aonexpatinsurance, insurexpat.fr A.O.N. Service Failure - Although extra fees are charged for expats, AON feels that they do not deserve expat services, Internet

Hi all,

I had my car insured with AON in France for the last two years (while living overseas). Now that I have sold my car I asked them for a letter of experience so that I could get car insurance back home (USA) with a decent no-claim history. I had provided AON with such a letter of experience from my previous insurance company (10 years no claims).

My problem is that AON provides a 'french version' of this letter of experience that is incomplete... they stop counting once you have reached a 50% reduction in the french system (equivalent to less then the 12 years I have accrued).

The are fully aware that for international transfers of no claim history a different letter would be required. However, the supervisor at AON takes an outrageous standpoint: They are required by french law to provide the french document - that was done. They don't feel like they owe anything else, because I am not their customer any longer.!!! In fact, she asked me why I feel that I deserved something extra!!! The answer is: because I paid about 50 Euros in AON expat fees on top of my insurance every year. I guess that is not worth anything to AON...

In my mind, being a marketing professional, this is very very bad customer service. I am glad that I did not have to file a claim with them...

Not sure if anyone here has input on how to deal with them or a similar experience? In any case, if you are out to buy insurance I can only recommend to stay away from AON...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2011 03:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AON-Insurance-France/internet/AON-Insurance-France-AON-Expat-Insurance-France-aonexpatinsurance-insurexpatfr-AO-805501. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A.O.N. Insurance France