Complaint Review: AP9 AtHomeRewards - IK9 At Home Rewards - Classmates.com - Adaptive Marketing

• Submitted: Fri, February 06, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, February 06, 2009

• Reported By:Manassas Virginia
AP9 AtHomeRewards - IK9 At Home Rewards - Classmates.com - Adaptive Marketing
http://www.athomerewards-program.com/ Norwalk, Connecticut U.S.A.

Athomerewards-program.com - AP9 Classmates.com -Classmates.com - Adaptive Marketing LLCAP9 - IK9 Billed my credit card without my consent or knowledge. Norwalk Connecticut

I recently noticed a CC billing for a company called AtHomeRewards that I was unaware of. In fact, until looking over my bill I never even heard of this company. Apparently I have been billed for the last 4 months for a total of $61.80. Though not a lot of money, I was still very interested in finding how this happened.

It didn't take long. A quick Google search gave way to a flood of complaints, all of them with the same curious charges (though varying amounts), and many of them included a connection with Classmates.com, who I have done business with. The new charges started to occur in the last month of my 3-month Classmates account, so I have no idea how the At Hom Rewards account even got started. My Classmates account was set to automatically renew my subscription, so there was no communication involved with renewal . . .

As an added point of confusion, when I pulled up the athomerewards.com web site, I was greeted with a single page explaining that the owners of athomerewards.com were in now way connected to the AtHomeRewards charges that have been appearing on so many peoples CC accounts from Connecticut. Apparently it is widespread enough to force that company to change it's URL. The web address for the offending company is actually http://www.athomerewards-program.com. On it there are two names associated with the actual company: AP9 AtHomeRewards; and IK9 At Home Rewards. It is owned (or administered) by Adaptive Marketing, LLC in Norwalk Connecticut.

As a point of full disclosure, I have not yet called or emailed [AtHomeRewards] for a refund, though it takes little reading to dampen hope of a simple conclusion to this offense. As far as I am concerned, the damage has already been done. I do not know who they are, have not received any information pertaining to the use of this mysterious account and am quite certain I didn't sign-up for their service.

I will repost with any further information I come across, and certainly update the progress of obtaining a refund. I will also make a report to the IC3 in hopes that others may be saved what appears to be a time-consumingand potentially expensiveordeal perpetrated by this company's (and their partners) unsavory business practices.

Oh, and I will be cancelling my Classmates account immediately, pending what I find as a connection between the two. I could find no mention of AtHomeRewards on the Classmates site, so if they are involved or partnered as I suspect, they are certainly taking great care to disguise the fact.

Good luck to anyone in a similar situation.

Songman
Manassas, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2009 12:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AP9-AtHomeRewards-IK9-At-Home-Rewards-Classmatescom-Adaptive-Marketing/Norwalk-Connecticut/Athomerewards-programcom-AP9-Classmatescom-Classmatescom-Adaptive-Marketing-LLCAP9-421046. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AP9 AtHomeRewards - IK9 At Home Rewards - Classmates.com - Adaptive Marketing