Complaint Review: AP9 Passport To Fun AP9 Healthplan

• Updated: Mon, January 19, 2009

• Reported By:Cincinnati Ohio
AP9 Passport To Fun AP9 Healthplan
passporttofun.com Internet U.S.A.

AP9 Passport To Fun AP9 Healthplan How I resolved getting cancelling membership and getting back charges Des Plaines Illinois

I recently booked a reservation on Travelocity.com in December2008. At the end of my reservation once I received my confirmation number there was an offer to get back $10.00. I thought this would either be sent to me or deducted from my next reservation I would make. Little did I know that this wasn't even affiliated with my reservation. I had went ahead and said I wanted the $10.00 savings.

A month went by and noticed on my bank statement that I had a charge for $19.95 from PASSPORT TO FUN for "membership fees". I never agreed to this. I contacted them and they said they would cancel my membership but would not give my money back because I should have read the print in the offer on Travelocity. Told them that their wording was deceptive on the Travelocity website. It said savings of $10.00 not membership fee $19.95. Something told me to check my bank account again the next day. There was another charge pending in my account for $19.95 again, but this time it said from AP9 HEALTHPLAN. Called the toll free number (877-993-6264) that showed up on the transaction on my bank account. They answered as PASSPORT TO FUN.

This time I asked for a supervisor. Spoke with the supervisor and told him I had canceled this the day before. He had nothing to say, but that he was going to refund the charges to my bank account. Was not very helpful and kept telling me I should have read the terms agreement.

After I got off the phone with him I contacted my bank (U.S. Bank). They were very helpful. They told me they had heard of this company before. I had to cancel my credit card and have a new one issued to ensure that I wouldn't get anymore charges. The bank also flagged my account and kept on eye on it for this website and the same charge the kept attempting to get. Also filed the paperwork for a dispute for these charges in case Passport To Fun does not hold up with what they said about crediting my card back. I am going to file complaints with both the Better Business Bureau and Federal Trade Commission against this company.

Brad
Cincinnati, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2009 12:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AP9-Passport-To-Fun-AP9-Healthplan/internet/AP9-Passport-To-Fun-AP9-Healthplan-How-I-resolved-getting-cancelling-membership-and-gettin-413793. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AP9 Passport To Fun AP9 Healthplan