Complaint Review: AP9* Passport To Fun

• Submitted: Thu, September 11, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, September 11, 2008

• Reported By:Minatare Nebraska
AP9* Passport To Fun
passporttofun.com Saint George, Utah U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-211-9741
  • Web:
  • Category: Employees

AP9* Passport To Fun Unauthorized charge for $14.95 for a membership with their company Saint George Utah

Placed an order on 08/04/2008 on www.peticure.com for a dog nail groomer. On 09/09/2008 I found a charge from AP9* Passport to Fun for $14.95 on my credit card statement. Called their 800 number, they asked for my membership ID number, my phone number, or the credit card number that my membership was charged to. I entered my phone number, an automated system recited my membership number and the date that I supposedly accepted membership.

Oddly enough, it was the same day that I placed the order on peticure.com, but not once during that order did they mention anything about Passport to Fun or any other type of membership offers. The only oddity on their web site was this offer for a free $25 Wal-Mart shopping card, but it didn't work, there was an error in their server-side coding that made it error out when you hit the submit button. I complained to them by e-mail about it, and they told me to call 866-626-7961. I never did, because I didn't need the shopping card that bad. But that tells me that they do work with third party promotional companies.

So they either willingly provided my credit card number to Passport to Fun, or there is a security hole in their web site providing a back door into their database, or there is a mole working in their company that is stealing credit card numbers for fraudulent use such as in this case.

Larry
Minatare, Nebraska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2008 09:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AP9-Passport-To-Fun/Saint-George-Utah/AP9-Passport-To-Fun-Unauthorized-charge-for-1495-for-a-membership-with-their-company-Sa-371896. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AP9* Passport To Fun