Complaint Review: AP9 Privacymatters 123

• Submitted: Mon, January 11, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, January 11, 2010

• Reported By: Tom — Huntsville Alabama United States of America
AP9 Privacymatters 123

AP9 Privacymatters 123 Who or what is Privacymatters and how did they get my credit information? Internet

I found two charges for $19.95 on my Discover statement which I have no idea where they came from or who this Privacymatters company is, I called the number provided and they asked for the card number the services was charged to (??) to get faster service or something like that. I immediatley called Discover who was very helpful and referred me to a case manager who started an investigation etc. When I came to work this morning I found an email from Privacy Matters stating they were cancelling my account per the guidelines of the agreement(??) but no mention of a refund for either unauthorized charge.

This is wrong, this company needs to be investigated by the Attorney Generals Office or the Consumer Protection Office. I would love to find out where they got my credit information and why they felt authorized to use it in the first place. Can anyone help us with this matter. This company needs to be stopped. Thanks in advance for any assistance...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2010 11:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AP9-Privacymatters-123/internet/AP9-Privacymatters-123-Who-or-what-is-Privacymatters-and-how-did-they-get-my-credit-infor-552432. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AP9 Privacymatters 123