Complaint Review: AP9 Privacymatters123

• Updated: Thu, June 04, 2009

• Reported By:Raleigh North Carolina
AP9 Privacymatters123
privacymatters123.com Internet U.S.A.

AP9 Privacymatters123 ClassMates.Com Classmates.com enables Privacymatters123 ripoffs Internet

I discovered yesterday multiple charges on my bank account by AP9 Privacymatters123. I called them and asked them who they were, what they did, and why were they charging me. I got a screwy answer that I really could not understand, about an online offer at Classmates.com that I signed up for, one I would never have accepted unless I was dead drunk. I told them to cancel my account and they said they would and refund my last charge as well. I have not looked to see yet about that--I'll believe when I see it. And I will be watching my bank account very closely in coming months for any future charges.

I wrote to Classmates.com about this and got the following reply:

According to our records you accepted an offer with one of our partners, Adaptive Marketing, who offers Privacy Matters 1-2-3.

When you completed your Classmates Gold membership purchase, you were presented with an opportunity to participate in a free trial offer with Privacy Matters 1-2-3. In order for your Privacy Matters 1-2-3 membership to be activated you would have had to enter your email address twice and selected the "Yes" button. Privacy Matters 1-2-3 sends out a welcome email so that you may cancel and avoid being billed after the free trial period.

I'd be interested to know just how closely related Privacymatters123, Adaptive Marketing, and Classmates.com are. I wouldn't be surprised to find they are owned by the same people.

I have told Classmates.com to cancel my account and refund my prorated membership fee. So far they have not complied, nor do I expect them to. If they don't I'll try to dispute the charges through Visa.

Raleigh, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2009 09:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AP9-Privacymatters123/internet/AP9-Privacymatters123-ClassMatesCom-Classmatescom-enables-Privacymatters123-ripoffs-Int-458489. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AP9 Privacymatters123