butter

• Updated: Fri, September 12, 2008

• Reported By:Carmel Indiana
AP9*24PROTECTPLUS-V 800-211-9749
Nationwide, Connecticut U.S.A.

AP9*24PROTECTPLUS-V 800-211-9749AP9*24PROTECTPLUS-V 800-211-9749 Unauthorized withdrawal from my credit charge card account Connecticut Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: your credit card company may be involved or you signed up when shopping on internet

$19.95 was charged to my credit card account by AP9*42PROTECTPLUS-V with a telephone number: 800-211-9749 CT. I called this number asking what this was and they said they would take the $19.95 off my credit card and unsubscribe me from this program. ? I did not sign up for this or any other program. If the charges are not removed I will contest the charges through the credit card company.

Mac
Carmel, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2008 08:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AP924PROTECTPLUS-V-800-211-9749/Nationwide-Connecticut/AP924PROTECTPLUS-V-800-211-9749AP924PROTECTPLUS-V-800-211-9749-Unauthorized-withdrawal-f-372228. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AP9*24PROTECTPLUS-V 800-211-9749

Did they say how you got signed up?

You have to be super vigilant and read everything that comes up on screen as you shop on the internet. It could have been a survey that said you would save money on your current order or small print item with a pre-checked checkbox that you missed when checking out.

Keep in mind that choosing not to complete the survey or unchecking that box to decline the offer is no guarantee that you will not be signed up anyway.

If you credit card - one of my credit card companies sends me checks usually for small amounts -$10.00 or less. By cashing the check they sent you have signed up for whatever worthless membership program they are peddling.

However not cashing the check is no guarantee that you will not be signed up anyway. I know because I always shred those checks and I was told I had actually cashed one and was signed up for a couple of worthless membership programs.

Very recently I was online shopping and received another check from the cc company. This time I am tracking what will happen based on these 2 instances.

When shopping I did not fill out the survey by clicking on "NO THANKS" I did make a note on my printed receipt the date and time that I chose NO Thanks on the shopping site.

I made a copy of the check before shredding it. Noting the date I shredded it on the copy.

I will be watching my statements very carefully for the next few months to see if I get the unauthorized charges again based on these 2 instances and will be filing formal complaints with the FTC and US Attorney General's office for fraud.