Memorial

• Submitted: Mon, February 02, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, February 02, 2009

• Reported By:Annapolis Maryland
AP9*PASSPORTTOFUN+
PO Box 5152 Des Plaines, Illinois U.S.A.

AP9*PASSPORTTOFUN+ unauthorized and fraudulent "membership" charges to my bank account of $14.95 Des Plaines Illinois

I have been billed $14.95 monthly since November 2008. I called to find out what the charges were. Nakesha (sp?) answered my call 2/2/2009 and was very pleasant and immediately agreed to cancel membership and refund Feb 09 monthly charge. However, she would not or could not give me any information other than I agreed to this when i made an internet purchase on 8/30/2008 with their client named "Major Savings". According to her, i agreed to the terms of a free 30 daymembershipand would be billed if I didn'tcancel within 30 days. I am unaware of agreeing to any of that. I would never pay a monthly fee to receive "discounts". In reviewing my bank statements, the only purchase made online thereabouts was with CafePress.com on 8/31/2008. i don't know if the two are related or not. I was given the Des Plaines mailbox and Nakesha's ID number 153377. I received an email shortly - that went into my spam folder - confirming 2/2/2009 cancellation.

This appears to be an effective "racket". Unbeknownst to the consumer, this company is harvesting payment information and charging a nominal monthly fee for some type of membership to an empty website. Any confirmation emails go directly to spam and, as with my case, the monthly charges are easily confused with other payments and not immediately questioned. I intend to report this to state and federal agencies.

Cork
Annapolis, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2009 07:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AP9PASSPORTTOFUN/Des-Plaines-Illinois-60017/AP9PASSPORTTOFUN-unauthorized-and-fraudulent-membership-charges-to-my-bank-account-of-419007. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AP9*PASSPORTTOFUN+