Complaint Review: AP9*SAVINGSMART.COM 800-316-8774 CT US Aka PrivacyMatters

• Submitted: Tue, May 22, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, May 22, 2007

• Reported By:Hixson Tennessee
AP9*SAVINGSMART.COM 800-316-8774 CT US Aka PrivacyMatters
Privacy Matters 1-2-3 P.O. Box 5152 Des Plaines, Illinois U.S.A.

AP9*SAVINGSMART.COM USAP9*SAVINGSMART.COM PrivacyMatters Ripp off - offer free - not free - then they take out money out of my account not authorized Des Plaines Illinois

This company offered a free credit report for a dollar. My husband logged on and gave them out account info and paid a dollar. Then we found out it was not free and we were going to have to pay 30.00 for it. So he immediately emailed them requested a refund of the dollar and asked them to cancel memebership. They refunded the dollar... but then turned around and again for two months in a row took out a dollar each month! I have requested refunds and ask them to stop to no avail... they do not!

I have stopped payment forms with my bank so they cant take out any more money, but this is ridiculous and a ripp off. Be ware. They will take money out of your account without it being authorized to do so, and any amount that they want to.

Here is the copy of the email my husband sent to them.

Program Name: PrivacyMatters123
Question subject: Other Question
I deleted out email and account info...

Comments: I got on this sight expecting a free credit report and got the run around. It costed me a dollar wich I donot want to pay since I had to do more to get a report. So please return my Dollar to my credit card and delete my membership. And quit telling people they get a free credit report

This is what they responed with but did not do
Thank you for your e-mail. We are sorry to hear that you wish to discontinue your Privacy Matters membership.

We have processed the cancellation of your membership benefits as of 4/24/2007 and will forward your $1.00 credit to your bank within two business days. Please note that you will see your refund on one of your next two statements, depending on your billing cycle.

Anna
Hixson, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2007 12:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AP9SAVINGSMARTCOM-800-316-8774-CT-US-Aka-PrivacyMatters/Des-Plaines-Illinois-60017-5152/AP9SAVINGSMARTCOM-USAP9SAVINGSMARTCOM-PrivacyMatters-Ripp-off-offer-free-not-free-249711. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AP9*SAVINGSMART.COM 800-316-8774 CT US Aka PrivacyMatters