Complaint Review: APEX Alarm

• Submitted: Mon, July 13, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, January 21, 2010

• Reported By:Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
APEX Alarm
P.O.box30106 Salt Lake,, Utah U.S.A.

APEX Alarm Did not tell me I was entering a 39 month contract, or that I needed a permit from the city Salt Lake, Utah

*Consumer Suggestion: wake-up

I feel as though I was taken advantage of. I was offered a free security system for free,and it has been everthing but free. For the first 3 monthes,$110,was taken each month,they said the charge was $45.00 a month ,and they were taking this for labor of installing. So I thought o.k ,this is nice,but after 3 monthes,here comes a letter telling me I had to pay $ 50.00 to the city and register my system. Now i felt that they should have checked and knew all of this before they installed my system the same day within an hour,they were waiting around the corner.

I called the company today,and they told me it is only 2 ways to get out of the contract.
1. Call some of my friends or family and get them to take it over,or
2. Pay it off since I am going to be charged for it anyway.

To me this was a ripoff ,because I explained to the person that took the application that I was overwhelmed with debt already,and he assured me that I would not have topay anything,and that it was all free. I think the company is very misleading and taking advantage of hardworking people,by using the woprd protection, who we should look out for is them.

Anonymous of pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2009 06:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/APEX-Alarm/Salt-Lake-Utah-84130-0106/APEX-Alarm-Did-not-tell-me-I-was-entering-a-39-month-contract-or-that-I-needed-a-permit-f-469267. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on APEX Alarm

#1 Consumer Suggestion

wake-up

AUTHOR: Scott - (United States of America)

I am the owner of a bona-fide, "we don't screw our clients", security and fire alarm company. No offense, but you people are fools. You are the ones who the "real" security companies lose all our contracts to. You (the majority of the general public) are always looking for something free or priced less than anything a reasonable vendor would do. At best, you compare apples to diesel trucks and wonder why you get screwed.

If you "google" "APX Alarm" (in Utah) you will find an old, lengthy list of b.s. from these people trying to defend their business practices. They have been cited/investigated in many states for the practices you describe long ago. This is not new or even recent. It is their business model. It works beautifully because the average consumer is always in the mode of "lowest price". You people constantly think you can get something for nothing. I am inundated with ex-potential clients calling to tell me horror stories like yours, after it is way too late.

Wake up America!!!!!!!!!! Little is ever free, and if someone knocks at your door at dinner time, rest assured it is anyone but a professional, hardworking, honest security dealer. Get real!! Would you buy nearly ANYTHING ELSE sold at your door at anytime???

Why on earth would you allow the "person" (remember, you have no real idea who they are at this point) at your door at 8:00 to come in and start installing a "security system". Are you nuts? Would you buy a Mercedes being sold door-to-door for fifty bucks? Probably. Then you'd be on this website complaining about how you ended up with a 1/24 scale model and "they ripped me off, I can't believe it"

Ask a real security/fire dealer. Find one locally if you don't liked being f*cked without permission. Learn to buy security & fire protection systems like a grown-up and stop thinking some idiot can peddle these at your door like a Kirby vacuum.