Complaint Review: API

P.O. Box 10 Waxhaw, North Carolina United States of America
  • Phone: 855-686-4757
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

API Jim Davidson Same as other reports. Went to professional interview and tall lady named Tyler handed me sports calendars and asked me to call Jim Davidson for a phone interview on Monday. Blowhard Jim Davidson lies Waxhaw, North Carolina

They sent me an unsolicited email through Monster.com and said that they liked my resume and wanted an interview.

I showed up to the interview (which was held in a Regus office) in Duluth, GA and was interviewed by a thin, tall, blonde girl named Tyler. She gave me a folder with some information in it, a couple of their terrible looking sports posters, and told me to call some guy named "Jim" the next morning in North Carolina for a phone interview. Jim hired me immediately and instructed me to go to the school in which I had a poster - it turned out to be about a forty five minute drive from my home - and call him in the morning. I did so. He then had me go to local business and try to sell ads for the posters, which were also supposed to benefit the local school. I ended up selling eight ads that week but had a very hard time of it after that. I later found out why.

This group DOES NOT have a relationship with the schools like they tell you they do. The school has no idea what you're doing, and I best I could tell the school never gets any posters, although they do seem willing to send one to the people who purchase ads. Many of the businesses I called on seemed to think it was a scam. It was only after I got some mail from "API" (more order forms and posters) that I saw a different name: "Advantage" on their return address. They're in the business of using poor saps who need work to sell ads then they simply keep the money. Stay far, far away from them. You'll only waste time and gas money, and you'll unwittingly be part of a scam in the process. Same as others...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2013 12:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/API/Waxhaw-North-Carolina-28173/API-Jim-Davidson-Same-as-other-reports-Went-to-professional-interview-and-tall-lady-named-1045533. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on API