Complaint Review: APPCO Group

APPCO Group
Internet USA

APPCO Group misused my credit card info Internet, NYC

This was my experience.

A gentlemen named Lorenzo Joseph knocked on my door representing your organization APPCO asking for a donation for WSPA. I let him in my home because he asked if he could come in, looked like he was running around in the smoldering heat all day. Since I was convinced to donate towards the WSPA cause, I allowed him to come sit while we filled out the paperwork. Although I was a bit uncomfortable with a stranger approaching my door asking for charity donations he was polite and respectful and I wasn’t home alone so that eased me letting him inside.

I agreed to donate $25 a month which Lorenzo clearly explained would go towards the cause for WSPA. The next morning I immediately contacted WSPA to verify that APPCO was an actual company that was marketing for WSPA. Called APPCO as well to verify Lorenzo’s employment and someone was able to verify that he is an employee of APPCO. Ok great, I felt at ease that I gave a total stranger my debit card info with my home address and signature. I usually check my bank account online on a daily basis or at least every other day. I should have checked  it the next day and I would have seen suspicious charges. Since I only use my debit card and cash as my only source of money there are multiple charges on my account and it could be easy to miss a dollar here or a few dollars there so I didn’t notice it right away. I checked my account yesterday more thoroughly reviewing all my charges and come to find out that there are several charges which started the very next day after my info was given to your employee Lorenzo Joseph. The charges started on 6/20 from Trade Global for $10.99 then  there was a credit given to me for $8. Strange right. I see another charge for on 7/3 from Alibris Books for $35.04, another charge on 7/8 for $1 from helpreal.com then another charge which is what originally caught my attn. causing me to review my account thoroughly for $154.68 from Best Buy.

Do I need to say more? It is obvious that someone in your organization had access to my debit card info not accusing Lorenzo but I am accusing APPCO because this could have been anyone from your organization doing fraudulent schemes and scams on the innocent. I am going to voice my experience with your organization and with WSPA as well.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2013 01:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/APPCO-Group-/internet/APPCO-Group-misused-my-credit-card-info-Internet-NYC-1065640. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on APPCO Group