Complaint Review: APPLE VACATIONS

• Reported By:nashville Tennessee
APPLE VACATIONS
www.applevacations.com Internet U.S.A.

APPLE VACATIONS MISLEADING BOOKING INFORMATION Internet Internet

I booked an Apple Vacation online and requested the "inclusive" standard room for a hotel. Apple used a third party to book it called "allinclusivevacations.com". I received my confirmation and thought it was done. I was checking over my information and noticed that there was nothing about "inclusive" on the receipt. I had attempted to contact the company various times before about an upgrade to our room, but was told that I needed to get my "travel agent" to do this; this is how I found out they booked through a third party. I gave up on that issue. I sent an email and was told that no, I had booked the "european" plan. This is no where on my receipt. I expressed my disbelief that they expected me to pay 2700.00 (plus) for a (only) 3 star hotel STANDARD room and insisted that I did indeed pay for the inclusive as I spent significant time doing this. She said I had booked during a "busy" time. The first time I called, the woman refused to give me her last name until I would not relent. She then said her supervisor was "in a meeting" and first refused to give me her last name. She was very sassy and informed me that I would have to pay for changes. I decided to simply cut my losses and pay (again) the 300+ per person upgrade for all-inclusive. I was put on hold for 35 minutes from the next woman I spoke with (whom apparently had a different supervisor) and was told that they "doubted" it was possible to get an upgrade and that I should contact my TRAVEL AGENT. She added that the hotel was not "all inclusive" anyway (despite the all inclusive advertising). I informed her that I did an experiment and attempted to book (again) the vacation for a future time and could easily obtain the upgrade with a 343.00 charge per person. She acted surprised, put me on hold again, and then said they would have to ask the hotel if they could do this. Her supervisor would call me tomorrow. In short: If I am LUCKY I am likely going to pay TWICE for a service (all inclusive). There is no way to prove that I clicked the all-inclusive room. They win. Lesson: Check IMMEDIATELY when you receive your invoice that you have all that you signed up for.

Stephanie77
nashville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2008 02:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/APPLE-VACATIONS/internet/APPLE-VACATIONS-MISLEADING-BOOKING-INFORMATION-Internet-Internet-316925. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on APPLE VACATIONS