Complaint Review: APPLIANCE DIRECT

• Updated: Tue, August 25, 2009

• Reported By: April — Ft Myers Florida USA
APPLIANCE DIRECT
3853-C Cleveland Ave Ft Myers, Florida United States of America

APPLIANCE DIRECT I purchased 3 appliances with extended warranties. They sold me 3 warranties in the amount of 350.00. I received a form letter from Bankers Waranty Group of Fl. stating that I had the service agreeeme Ft Myers Florida

I purchased three appliances from Appliance Direct in Ft Myers.  I also purchased the extended warranty (350.00) I then received a form letter from Bankers Waranty Group of Florida, congratulating me on my purchase and letting me know that the paper they mailed was my service agreement.  When I had an issue with the refrigerator I inadvertently called Bankers instead of the manufacturer as it was still under one year.  I was told that I had no coverage.  The blue form they mailed out was a "good faith agreement" between Bankers Warranty and Appliance Direct.  It has now been 7 months and Appliance Direct has never paid for my warranty. I have contacted them on four occasions and am always told that they were in process of paying it.  I even called the corporate office and was hung up on.  Bankers says that they are suppose to pay the premium when the appliance is purchased.

I wonder just how many people get this warranty and throw it into a drawer and never check to see if they really have the coverage.  I wonder just how many people they ripped off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2009 02:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/APPLIANCE-DIRECT/Ft-Myers-Florida-33901/APPLIANCE-DIRECT-I-purchased-3-appliances-with-extended-warranties-They-sold-me-3-warran-485285. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on APPLIANCE DIRECT