Complaint Review: APPLIED BANK

• Submitted: Wed, July 22, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 22, 2009

• Reported By:nazareth Kentucky
P.o. Box 11170 Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.

APPLIED BANK unfair fees Wilmington Delaware

*Consumer Comment: Heart Procedure Irrelevamt

I closed my account on my own in July 2008 because of excessive fees. I have 2 other credit cards--there's no comparison in their business practices.

I had learned that Applied Bank used to be Cross Country Bank & had changed their name because they'd ruined their reputation & wanted a fresh start.

I agreed to pay $35/month & did so with no problem (all payments were made considerably early) for 8 months.

In March I was going in for a heart cathaterization, & set up with my bank online, the day before, to pay.

I inadvertantly made it for $30. instead of $35.

I had a 90% blockage in a major vein + diffussion disease. They were able to do angioplasy & stent on the 90% blockage only.

Well when I got my next Applied statement they had charged me a $32. late fee and $32 over limit fee--totally based on the $30 not being the agreed amount (I was not late & had not charged anything to make me over limit).

I called them & they refused to cancel the charges. I told them I will not pay another nickel until they cancel the unfair charges. Their response was to add more $32 late & $32 over limit fees in subsequent months.

Now it is in collection. I will gladly pay $35/mo. only if they wipe out the unfair fees.

Bottom line...I used their credit card very little before I cancelled it...I have paid hundreds of dollars altogether. They still claim I owe them about $500.00--My contention is that way over half is in crooked fees.

nazareth, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2009 01:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/APPLIED-BANK/Wilmington-Delaware-19850/APPLIED-BANK-unfair-fees-Wilmington-Delaware-472304. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on APPLIED BANK

Heart Procedure Irrelevamt

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

This is all about your messing up a payment you agreed to make except you made it for the wrong amount. It's bad enough you got into a bad enough situation that you had to come to this agreement with the credit card people (funny how you inadvertantly left that out) and then you messed up on the payment agreement.

The fees are in accordance with the agreement you made - this is all pretty standard fare for people with less than reputable credit. Each day you put this off, your credit rating keeps going further and further into the toilet. Maybe it's already there?

Pay the fees and keep up with your end of the agreement YOU made.