Complaint Review: APPLIED CARD BANK PKA CROSS COUNTRY BANK

• Submitted: Sat, March 03, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, March 03, 2007

• Reported By:San Diego California
APPLIED CARD BANK PKA CROSS COUNTRY BANK
PO Box 10450 Wilmington, Deleware U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

APPLIED CARD BANK PKA CROSS COUNTRY BANK Hospitalized for 3 weeks and missed 1 payment.... Now they want two payments, late charge, over limit fees Wilmington Deleware

I have had a credit card with them for over 4 years....first under Cross Country Bank, and now Applied Bank CArd. Started with a 500 credit line, currnetly 1200 (but I had to pay a 100 fee to have it increased. I really haven't had any problem with them until now.
At the end of January I was hospitalized due to acute ulcers. During that time my February 6th payment was due....I didn't make it. My wife used the Applied Bank Card, and ran the card to 93.00 over my credit line. When I got my statment they said that I have to pay them 161 no later than March 8, or my account will be suspended.

During 4 years I have had the card I have always made my payments on time, and usually about double the minimum payment.

I emailed the customer service section and explained my prior medical situation, and asked them if they could readjust the payment due to a lower amount, reminding them of my perfect past payment record, and in the interest of good customer service.
Here is the response I just got by email from them:

"A required payment was not received on your Applied
Card Bank account and another payment is soon due.
As described in the letter you should have received,
you are unable to use your credit card for any purchases
or cash advances while your account is past due.

To bring your account up-to-date and prevent additional
late fees from being assessed, go to http://www.payacbonline.com
or call 800-998-4082 to make your payment of $161.00 today."

Hey, I just thought of something........I think I have that that disability/unemployment insurange that they push when you open an account!!!

At any rate, when the time comes for you to make your payment, make sure you are not in the hospitalk, in an accident, get arrested, go on a space shuttle mission, on a family emergency out of the country, meeting with the President, etc, etc, etc, cuz they don't cut any slack.......not for any reason!

John
San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2007 01:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/APPLIED-CARD-BANK-PKA-CROSS-COUNTRY-BANK/Wilmington-Deleware-19850/APPLIED-CARD-BANK-PKA-CROSS-COUNTRY-BANK-Hospitalized-for-3-weeks-and-missed-1-payment-237989. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on APPLIED CARD BANK PKA CROSS COUNTRY BANK