Complaint Review: APRIL PECK dba Clean Beez Maids

5243 N. 18th PL Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

APRIL PECK dba Clean Beez Maids SHORTAGE IN WAGES Phoenix, Arizona

*General Comment: One question

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Rebuttal of negative claims

*Consumer Comment: " I found Marijuana in their purse!"

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Clean Beez Maids is a well respected company

*Author of original report: rebuttal to april peck

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: 3 out of over 1000 people

April Peck the owner of Clean Beez Maid Service is a very unprofessional non-caring individual. I worked for her only a short time and during the time I found April to be unstable, unreliable, not trustworthy and irresponsible. She does not care about her employees and does not keep track of the hours each employee works, shorting them in wages. She did not take taxes out of my wages nor did she give me a pay stub showing my total hours, only giving me part of my total wages. I worked 2 weeks which was 80 hours and only received a check for $343.00 which comes out to $4.29 per hour. My hourly wages were $10.00 per hour. If I worked 80 hours the pay should have been $800.00 minus taxes which would have been $536.00. I text April and also emailed her, but she responded that this was my wages and there was no other money owed to me.

While I was working in June 2011, she had 3 hispanic people working that told me they were illegal. April's mother worked for her also, and her mother asked her if she had completed the e-verify on the employees and she said she would later, but never did, because her mother asked her almost everyday about it, and she still had not completed them. As of July 1, 2011 the 3 individuals are still employed at Clean Beez Maids.

April has lost alot of clients due to jobs not being done right, and she blames everyone but herself. She hires people that have no experience and try's to train them, but they have no idea what they are doing. I worked with the 3 illegal people and two of them could not speak any English, and could not understand it. She hired the 3 illegals and were related, the mother, husband and son.

She fired me and her mother for no real reason. I found out that she fired her mother months ago and begged her mother to quit her office manager position to come back and work. Her mother did come back and worked only 2 months before she fired her again. Her mother is a very nice person, and worked very hard to help April with her business, but she always yelled and complained to and about her mother, and so she fired her, and this really hurt her mother financially and personally. April has no remorse and no feeling about  anyone except herself. It's a shame how she treats others and how she conducts her business. If she misses an appointment she lies to the client, making up excuses, and never telling the truth.

I was sick one day, and I called her from my doctors office, she did not believe me asking me for the phone number and she called them while I was standing there, and starting yelling to the receptionist. April asked the receptionist does she have a note from the doctor and what it said, and wanted the receptionist's name asking what time they opened because I was there at 6:30 am. The office opened at 6:30 am. April thought I was lying. I was so embarrassed. The receptionist thought April was crazy.

I did not want to write this, but thought it needed to be said. Also, April advertises that she is bonded and insured. Guess what, she is not. She can't afford that. Maybe she can now that she has some of my wages.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2011 09:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/APRIL-PECK-dba-Clean-Beez-Maids/Phoenix-Arizona-85016/APRIL-PECK-dba-Clean-Beez-Maids-SHORTAGE-IN-WAGES-Phoenix-Arizona-748263. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on APRIL PECK dba Clean Beez Maids

#1 General Comment

One question

AUTHOR: Christiana - (U.S.A.)

Why were you going through someone else's purse?  Did they tell you that you could or did you decided to just go looking for a reason to fire someone?  Sounds like a rotten thing to do, so hopefully you have a valid reason for doing so.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Rebuttal of negative claims

AUTHOR: Maid Service Owner - (United States of America)

I am the owner and operator of Clean Beez Maids. After over 1200 vacant home cleanings in the Phoenix area, we currently have 1 complaint from a client (can't please everyone) and 2 from past employees. The first employee making a negative claim was let go for me finding marijuana in her purse. The 2nd one was getting paid by my company on an hourly basis while passing out cards for her own maid service?? Well, wouldn't you let them go? That is all I have to say. People get very angry when they get caught doing really bad things. It is nature. God Bless them!!
April Peck
Owner Clean Beez Maids
602-518-2078

" I found Marijuana in their purse!"

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

WOW!

So NOT ONLY were you cheating on your employees pay, but you were DIGGING FOR SPARE CHANGE in their purses???!

Now that's LOW!

SCUMBAG!

Mama Mia Maids.  I like that...

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Clean Beez Maids is a well respected company

AUTHOR: Maid Service Owner - (United States of America)

As the owner of Clean Beez Maids, I would like to express my side of any reports provided against my company. We currently do 100-150 home cleanings per month and have had only 1 customer complaint in 13 months or 1,625 services performed. That in itself says alot about my company. With any service business dealing with the general public unfortunately there are some people you just can't please. I have had to let go several employees since my time in this business due to a lack of work ethic and found information about their backgrounds. As the owner of a company who services personal homes of our clients it is my #1 priority to provide them with totally professional and quality work. The staff members who have complained (only after I fired them) were the following people and set reasons why they were let go:

Sheridan & Dana:
I found Marijuana in their purse and they were not providing quality work/ Would you wat this quality of person cleaning your home. That was grounds for immediate dismissal. Due to their lack of work ethic we were unpaid by a client and therefore I had to dock their pay.
Rosalinda and Carol: They were getting paid by me a salary and at the same time passing out cards to my clientelle promoting their own maid service while collecting a salary from me. What employer in the world would allow that? That was grounds for immediate dismissal. Also Rosalinda started wearing clothes that showd off her MANY tatoos that I was unaware of. This was very unprofessional and I did not want her to show up at my $1 million clients in that manner.

When someone gets caught with doing wrong or stealing their first reaction is anger. That is what has promoted this negative behavior and I will stand behind the fact that I personally review ALL work, I am hand on and prticipate in all aspects of my busy business and I will continue to be guarded and protective of my important clients. Thank you for taking the time to read my rebuttal as it was necessary under these circumstances.

rebuttal to april peck

AUTHOR: CAROL - (United States of America)

April has a problem. She sees and believes what she wants to. First, the employee that was giving out a card was a real estate card to a client of Clean Beez that wanted to have a realtor for a friend. Second, no one was stealing any jobs from April peck, she is loosing her jobs all on her own. Her mother has done nothing, April had Carol quit her job and go back to work for her, then when Carol complained about the illegals working for her she kept the illegals and fired her mother. Carol works very very hard, working even weekends to help her daughter. April does not appreciate her mother's efforts.

Yes, I have tatoo's. April knew that when she hired me. They are not seen, because they are under my shirt. Besides, tatoo's are in and I don't know what her problem is. If I made a statement about her insurance and bonding that was incorrect, please accept my apologizes. I said this based on a statement that April had said, that she could not afford insurance and bonding.

Yes, Carol and I opened our own maid service and we are doing very well. We are not doing work for any of April's clients, we have our own in the Mesa/Gilbert/Chandler area. We have had no complaints. All our clients have been very very happy with our services. The name of our company is Mama Mia Maids. Ms Lynch was a former client of Clean Beez/The Real Estate Maids, and Ms. Lynch quit using April and her companies way before we opened our own maid service. Yes, Ms. Lynch has hired our company to do her services. Carol Lynch was very unhappy with April and her services.

Yes, Carol and I have T-Shirts that have the logo Clean Beez. We intend to return them to April this week. We would rather give them to her than let someone find them in the trash. The T-Shirts were given to us from April Peck.

This is getting ridiculous. I do not want to go back and forth with April and her drama.

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

3 out of over 1000 people

AUTHOR: Maid Service Owner - (United States of America)

First of all Clean Beez Maids is insured with Farm Bureau Policy # QCPOO97058 for $1 million. Also, we only pay our staff fr th time they are on jobs working not drive time or lunch time. We also do not pay them cash for Barter jobs, they earn barter cash. I have had 4 unhappy employees, but what can you expect when you have to resort to hire from Craigslist? I had employees who were passing out cards for their own maid service during my jobs at Clean Beez trying to build their business during my time!! In any book that is stealing... That is grounds for anyone to be dismissed and it will be handled through a court of law. People get MAD when they get caught at something. I have one client complain on Rip Off report over the THOUSANDS that we have serviced over the past year. We currently handle over 100 homes per month making sure they are sparkiling clean for our Realtor's clients. We only work with the Real Estate Industry and since we do I requir my staff to fill out a VERY detailed checklist that I keep on file for client reference. Thne same 2 employees, Carolyn Bradshaw and Rosalinda Cota had 3 complaints about their work that week because they refusedm to follow company protocol and follow the checklist that I developed. It caused me to have to go back at night on a wekend to redo he jobs personally as the owner of Clean Beez Maids. Thei work and ability were failed and I only gave my mother Carolyn Bradshaw a job because I feel sorry for her  and without my job offer she could be on the streets. She is bi-polar and I was only trying ton help her. Unfortunately it backfired. I am grateful to be done with this drama so we can go back to running a professional business without tatooed, crazy employees...