Complaint Review: APX Alarm Company

• Updated: Wed, February 27, 2013

• Reported By:savannah Georgia
APX Alarm Company
5132 N 300 W Provo, UT 84604 W Provo, Utah United States of America

APX Alarm REVIEW: APX Alarm commitment to total customer satisfaction. APX Alarm's past and current approach to business is about protecting families and providing the best customer experience from the beginning to the end of the customer's time with the company. Provo Utah
*UPDATE: APX Alarm pledges their commitment to Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy, Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. APX Alarm recognized by Ripoff Report Verified as a safe business service.

*Author of original report: I really wanted to follow up and post the whole emails instead of just his replies!

*Author of original report: Contacted by "former" employee who offered to help, but then accused me of being "unstable".

*Author of original report: contact me: thehamstras@comcast.net and contact the FCC

Ripoff Report Verified REVIEW:

EDitors UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to APX Alarm for its commitment to excellence in customer service.

Ripoff Reports discussions with the company have uncovered an ongoing commitment to total customer satisfaction. You can expect to have any questions or concerns that you have with them to be answered and resolved in a timely manner. They have shown us their customer service process, and it reflects a desire to serve customers, as well as fix problems.

The company's management specifically told us about how their job is to simplify lives and help people to live intelligently. The management really wants every person who buys a system to feel valued. The concern for each customer's experience starts at the top, and is reflected in the action of every employee they hire.

The company also works to monitor their sales and customer support calls to see how they can be improved. They use these calls as examples for employees in training. Currently, Vivint is working to make changes to their contracts to make things easier for their customers as they have found that many of their complaints stem from feeling misled or customers paid fees they did not feel they authorized.
APX Alarm is Rip-off Report Verified
Ripoff Report Verified .. part of Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business..

Statements from company executives

"We are committed to making homes safe for families. With advanced early detection systems, many home fires are preventable and can be stopped in the beginning stages, saving lives. We have a plan for every family and every budget, and whether you choose our most basic or expanded services, you can be sure of our top quality technology and expert customer support.

STATED IMPROVEMENTS FROM THE COMPANY.

We have simplified our customer service process to decrease the amount of time that a customer has to wait before speaking with a representative. Our customer service will look at your contract, listen to recorded phone calls, and make sure to get to the bottom of your issue to resolve things THE RIGHT WAY. We want customer's to have a positive experience, and we understand that sometimes customer's fall on hard times. We're willing to work with all of our customers. Their experience and safety are our primary concerns.

Read more about why consumers should feel confident when doing business with a member of Rip-off Report's Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. Yes, its a long name for a program that does a lot for both consumers and businesses alike.

Read about Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program,.. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works.

As a matter of policy, when a business becomes a member of the Corporate Advocacy Programthey agree to allow Ripoff Report to contact every client who filed a complaint so they can make things right with them. In order to confirm that the complaints were resolved, Ripoff Report is copied on all responses so we can insure that the member business did right by their customer..

NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED

-----------------------------------

APX Alarm Company All about a class action suit for deceptive contract practices by APX employees W Provo Utah

A young man came to our house late in the afternoon last summer and told us about his alarm company. I expressed my reservations at the time, (A) because my husband was not home, (b) we were in the process of getting ready to sell or rent out home and, (c) we already had a much less expensive alarm system. However, he needed to know right away as they would probably not be in our neighborhood much longer. I told him of our plans to move and he told me that we had the option to move our alarm with us. I told him that we were renting and most likely not able to move the alarm and we were ASSURED that we would be able to cancel the contract if there was not a place for us to move the alarm to. I was skeptical and asked him to call his supervisor who ASSURED me that there was a clause in the contract that would allow us an out if we did not have a place to put the 45 dollar a month alarm system. I have been fighting with this company (all the way to corporate) about this for over a year and still get the same answer~ no such clause exists. We have a tenant in the home now who (for some reason) has a past due balance and when I offered to pay a cancellation fee they told me I had to pay the remainder of the contract.... A CONTRACT I WAS PROMISED THAT I COULD GET OUT OF. THIS IS NOT THE ONLY TIME THAT I HAVE HEARD ABOUT THIS. After Googling this company, I have found hundreds of these stories, yet this company continues to get away with this practice. We need to band together, people, and file suit and complaints with the Department of Consumer Affairs in your state. We have to stop this from continuing. Deliberately using false promises to lure unsuspecting victims into high priced, long term contracts is not okay~ especially during these tumultuous economic times.

you may email me and let's work together to put this company out of business or at least make them work for an honest dollar.

Andi savannah, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2008 08:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/APX-Alarm-Company/W-Provo-Utah-84604/APX-Alarm-REVIEW-APX-Alarm-commitment-to-total-customer-satisfaction-APX-Alarms-past-a-354935. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on APX Alarm Company

let's chat.

On Aug 9, 2008, at 1:04 AM, Adam wrote:

Hey,

I found your email address on rip-off report, and a small blurb about the FCC and a possible civil suit. I am a former employee/rep and have a lot of inside information about how it all works, along with a lot of information about some of the top managers in the company. Get back to me with some more info and what yall are doing. Maybe I can help.

-adam
why are you being rude? i have my reasons for being cautious...
On Aug 21, 2008, at 11:50 PM, Adam wrote:

-adam
i have had a lot of really weird people contact me. i did not mean to be rude myself.
On Aug 21, 2008, at 11:50 PM, Adam wrote:

-adam

Actually, I just received your email a few days ago and am adjusting to a new schedule (from not working to working along with taking care of two children and a household. i am sorry if this is not conducive to your idea of how things work) i am totally sorry if this does not fit into your schedule.
look. i appreciate your writing to me, but i do not appreciate the tone.
On Aug 22, 2008, at 12:01 AM, Adam wrote:

So why are you responding 2 weeks late? At the moment, your communication so far makes it hard to take your rip-off post seriously. Do you want help or not? What's going on with a possible civil suit? Like I wrote before, I used to be on the inside and would like to help out.

-adam

well. so be it. you were totally rude from the get go and i am wary of just giving any information to the average joe who feels pissed off.i do
why are you being so rude when i am taking care to make sure the average person who is just pissed off rather than ripped off gets information?

On Aug 22, 2008, at 12:17 AM, Adam wrote:

wow, burning bridges left and right.

tell me what's rude about that. Please. Otherwise, this is conversation is pretty much over. It seems more like you are "pissed off" and "ripped off" and are unstable/unreliable. I'm calling your bluff, so put up or shut up.

AUTHOR: Andihamstra - (U.S.A.)

I am actually going to post the emails that he sent to me~ even being obnoxious about why it would take me two weeks to respond to him! I guess having a family, two houses, keeping two children occupied, traveling, etc are not good enough time constraints for this guy. Here, are (of course, compressed) are the emails this guy sent me and went I told him that he was being rude he accused me of lying.

============

wow, burning bridges left and right.

I am not really sure, when I responded that I was being careful about passing on information, he would find this appropriate to respond to someone this way.
Has anyone else had an encounter like this? If need be, I will also copy and paste the e-mails that I sent to him in response to each of his emails.

============

wow, burning bridges left and right.

contact me: thehamstras@comcast.net and contact the FCC

AUTHOR: Andihamstra - (U.S.A.)

the FCC wants to hear this!!!!!!!