Complaint Review: APX HOME ALARM SECURITY SYSTEM

• Submitted: Mon, July 14, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, November 25, 2008

• Reported By:Minneapolis Minnesota
APX HOME ALARM SECURITY SYSTEM
5132 North 300West Provo, Utah U.S.A.

APX HOME ALARM SECURITY SYSTEM free alarm all you do is display it with a fee monthly don't let anyone know you got it free or they will want it free Provo Utah

*Consumer Comment: Cancel Renew-ll

*Author of original report: APX SECURITY ALARM SYSTEM Provo Utah

On June 21st,2008 apx alarm was wondering in my neighborhood in the evening on Saturday, I was told my son's home was picked to receive a home security system,because I asked why he came to my door and that was his answer. He told me it was free and not to tell amy one because they could not give them away free. When my son saw what I did in his home he was adamant about having it uninstalled. I realized I made a bad mistake and called them I told them in 5 days I turned off the alarm and called them to come and take it out they told me I would have to sell it or pay them $25oo for the alarm system they were not helpful and not polite to me I had my daughter call and they to her that I could write to corperate office and see if they could help. Im a senior and live on a fixed income and now find myself worried about this monthly fee of 44.99 plus 3.95 tax and harrasment from them, I was not told if I wanted out of the contract that I had no rights to make I was told I would have to sell the alarm or pay them $2500 to get out.

Pat
Minneapolis, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2008 06:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/APX-HOME-ALARM-SECURITY-SYSTEM/Provo-Utah-84604/APX-HOME-ALARM-SECURITY-SYSTEM-free-alarm-all-you-do-is-display-it-with-a-fee-monthly-don-350903. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on APX HOME ALARM SECURITY SYSTEM

Cancel Renew-ll

AUTHOR: Ginny - (U.S.A.)

Be sure to cancel your automatic contract renew-ll that is in your contract with APX. Or you will be charged for another year after your three years is up I just found out about it so I checked my contract and sure enough it was there. So I sent them a Fax so that I have prof that I did not want their service any more.

APX SECURITY ALARM SYSTEM Provo Utah

AUTHOR: Pat - (U.S.A.)

I'm in touch with the Attorney General and so for APX has not sent a letter letting the Attorney General know what they will do they were asked to remove the alarm They have sent it to collections that is what they told me they would do They want 2,999.60 when I first reported to you I had the wrong amount they call me every day and will not leave a message this has been going on for the last 3 weeks I was scared to the point of going to my doctor for anxiety medication it has not been easy on me Ryan scars me the way he talks to me I will be retired next year I asked them if I could pay them for the time I had the alarm they said no they want me to keep it untill it gets paid off 2,999.60 When I hear from the Attorney General I will update I'm hoping for a resolve Pat Minneapolis,Minnisota