Complaint Review: APX-SAI-Castle Rock Security Alarm Monitoring

• Submitted: Sat, June 06, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, June 06, 2009

• Reported By:Fredericksburg Virginia
APX-SAI-Castle Rock Security Alarm Monitoring
2101 S. Arlington Heights Road #150 Arlington Heights, Illinois U.S.A.

APX-SAI-Castle Rock Security Alarm Monitoring Rip off Arlington Heights Illinois

I signed a 3-year contract back in May 29, 2006. In April of 2008 I called APX to let them know I no longer had a LAN line (home phone line). They said I still to keep paying until my 3-year contract expired. So, I called them back May 29, 2009 the day of the contract expiration and SAI had extended my contract with originally APX to one more year because I failed to send them a cancellation letter. They said that I needed to send a cancellation letter a month prior to the contract expiration. So after more than 30 minutes calls waiting every time I called, they told me to send them the cancellation letter to the SAI fax number which I did. June 4, 2009 I received a letter from Castle Rock stating that "We recently received your request to cancel your alarm monitoring contract" I am assuming that SAI forwarded them my cancellation letter. The letter from Castle Rock continues stating "As explained, (they never did), in order to cancel your contract before the end of the month contract term you are required to pay off the balance of contract." "The total amount due to cancel this contract (the one year contract that I never signed) and avoid further collection activities (this is a threat) is $439.89." "This represents the balance of contract. This can be paid by CERTIFIED CHECK or MONEY ORDER at the address bellow or by CREDIT CARD over the phone". I told them that I will have my attorney contact them for a court date. Eventhough I don't have money to pay an attorney I want this company to stop ripping off people and I will not tolerate this company to ruin my outstanding credit or to cause mental stress that I never had in my entire life.

Please be aware of these type of companies, you don't want this to happen to you. But I will contact an attorney anyways, becaus in the long run this will benefit others as well.

Anynomous -
In Virginia

Fredericksburg, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2009 11:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/APX-SAI-Castle-Rock-Security-Alarm-Monitoring/Arlington-Heights-Illinois-60005/APX-SAI-Castle-Rock-Security-Alarm-Monitoring-Rip-off-Arlington-Heights-Illinois-459192. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on APX-SAI-Castle Rock Security Alarm Monitoring