Complaint Review: APX-SAI-Castle Rock Security Alarm Monitoring

• Submitted: Thu, January 20, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, January 20, 2011

• Reported By: Emalie — Federal Way Washington United States of America
APX-SAI-Castle Rock Security Alarm Monitoring
2101 South Arlington Heights Rd Arlington Heights, Illinois United States of America

APX-SAI-Castle Rock Security Alarm Monitoring is on my crap-list for having a "roll over" contract, so I cannot cancel services. Arlington Heights, Illinois

I called on 1/20/2011 to cancel my services with Castle Rock Security. I have more than fulfilled my 3 year contract agreement, I have had this alarm for 5 years. They don't even call when the alarm goes off-line.

Castle Rock Security stated that I cannot cancel my services until May, 2011 because my original contract states I have a "roll over" of a year if services are not canceled in writing 30 days prior to the "roll over" date. Castle Rock Security is one of the only businesses to still have such a contract. I think, don't know for sure, but if they are the ONLY one's who have such a contract that creates a problem in itself. But, if I signed a contract that said I agreed to a yearly "roll over" then I have no legal right to breach the contract. Not reading the contract is not a defense. But I still think I'm getting scammed. Consumer law?

Their ranking with the BBB (Better Business Bureau) is an "F" exactly for this reason. The ironic thing is that the BBB actually works for the business that pays the BBB to rank them..so they are paying to tell everyone they are a horrible company.

I am writing the cancellation letter, and will wait and see what happens.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2011 10:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/APX-SAI-Castle-Rock-Security-Alarm-Monitoring/Arlington-Heights-Illinois-60005/APX-SAI-Castle-Rock-Security-Alarm-Monitoring-is-on-my-crap-list-for-having-a-roll-over-684755. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on APX-SAI-Castle Rock Security Alarm Monitoring